About flashbacks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

About flashbacks

Postby Nythis Drawne on April 17th, 2015, 4:51 pm

I plan on starting off with a few flashback threads to help me get a clearer idea of who he is and where he's coming from, as well as helping me to see him as a character who properly embedded in the world of Mizahar.

After reading the flashback wiki I still have a couple of questions though:

1. My Akalak is 185 years old and many of the npc's found in cities are younger. What do you do if you want to visit a location in a city, but the owner hasn't been born yet?

2. In the flashback wiki it says that you don't have to register in a domain for a flashback, but what if your character worked there for a bit? Do you have to register at the job application thread?
Nythis Drawne
How can you rise, if you have not burned?

Words: 26571
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2015, 8:38 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

About flashbacks

Postby Alea Davenport on April 17th, 2015, 5:03 pm

1) If the location was created by the NPC, then it probably wouldn't exist and so wouldn't be visitable. If the location does exist, my personal solution would be to just be really vague about who you meet there. Alternatively, you might write up an NPC that has a history at that location, and if it's approved you can just use them.

2. You don't earn wages in flashbacks, so you don't really need a job application. However, I would recommend double-checking with your DS to make sure your backstory checks out ;) (For Riverfall it would be Gossamer)

Hope that helps!
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

About flashbacks

Postby Nythis Drawne on April 17th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Thank you for the reply!

1. I was hoping to avoid creating npc's, but it seems like I will have to create one, or maybe two *sigh*. I think being vague could get me pretty far in most cases though. Thanks for that one.

2. That's fine, my character has most of his gold shortly before his first appearance in present Mizahar anyway, so wages aren't a problem :). And I'll message her as soon as I've finalized my backstory.
Nythis Drawne
How can you rise, if you have not burned?

Words: 26571
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2015, 8:38 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes