Hey!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey!

Postby Slade on December 1st, 2009, 12:34 pm

Hey guys!

Just like to pop in and say hello.

I'm new here, the site caught my eye on an RPG ranking and I was really impressed by the lore and what not.

RPing here is a little different to what I'm used to, I usually RP in Naruto forums and wrestling e-feds. So, I'm looking forward to this experience. :)
Slade
World's Largest Midget/World's Smallest Giant

Words: 5017
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2009, 7:22 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Re: Hey!

Postby Slade on December 1st, 2009, 12:37 pm

Also, one question.

How do I go about purchasing an item?
Slade

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 1st, 2009, 3:05 pm

Welcome to the site Slade! Im kinda new here too but its been about a week, maybe a little more so... Just saying hi. Anyways to purchase a item, you can just buy it yourself. Unless its a really rare item and VERy expensive, you can just self-mod yourself buying it. Just check the price list for most items in the Lore section, and self-mod you buying it. Just make sure you log how much mizas you spend getting the item and what you got left. And make sure to go to the location that item is sold at before just buying it. Anyways, welcome again to the site and hope to see you on the forums really soon. :)

Orion
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 1st, 2009, 6:15 pm

Welcome Slade!

This is a great place for questions. If a city is finished, it has a linkmap that lists its shops (click on the link to find them) - then post in the shop to purchase things there. Once in the shops you can feel free to "self mod" your purchase meaning write about going in, looking around, finding what you want, talking to the shop owner or clerk, paying them and leaving. Or you can wait for storyteller to interact w/you. Obviously w/self mod you get your stuff faster. The shops will either list prices or you can use the price list in the wiki. If the item isnt on the list just ask a mod in a pm or someone in chat that is listed in red.

Also if its something really odd or custom, you can often pick it up in street markets, bazaars, or fairs... really custom or rare items need to be moderated.

At the time of your creation, you can also pick up extras straight out of your starting money w/o rp but you must track ALL these purchases {even shop ones} in your CS under your ledger/coins section.

Hope that helps!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on December 1st, 2009, 8:08 pm

Welcome, Slade! I like Naruto too. :D

Anyway, you'll get used to the amount of information soon, I believe. As soon as you see something that you find really exciting, that is!
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Tarot on December 1st, 2009, 9:21 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Slade! Enjoy your stay. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Slade on December 2nd, 2009, 6:31 am

Ahh one more quick question. When a Kelvic shifts, does his or her clothes and belongings (eg backpack) shift as well?
Slade

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2009, 6:42 am

Nope, nothing changes with them... they have to get naked to shift. That is why most of them forgo certain types of necklaces or other jewelry. Often, the larger wilder forms can be prevented from shifting if a kelvic in human form is collared with a tight enough neck piece that they will choke when shifted into their animal forms. The smaller wilderform kelvics are much harder to contain unless they are restrained in their animal form with say jesses or tiny restraints. As a consequence, most kelvics either dislike clothing or have no sense of modesty at all. ;) And in most cultures, they get a 'pass' of 'oh, its just a kelvic' for lewd public behavior because of it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Voreasos Alisier on December 2nd, 2009, 6:54 am

Hi

Welcome to Mizahar hope to see you around and nice idea for a Kelvic by the way
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player