Kontinese

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Kontinese

Postby Tanell on July 2nd, 2015, 1:06 am

I have recently come across some questions I have been unable to answer in lore or in chat, so I thought I would post here and see what others might know.

What does Kontinese sound like? Generally speaking. Is it soft, delicate, lending to sounds at the front of the mouth? Is it guttural? Do we have any idea?

Can Kontinese be spoken and understood underwater? Does the sound of it change similarly to the way Char changes above and beneath water?
"Speaking in Kontinese" "Speaking in common"
"Others speaking Kontinese" "Others speaking Common"
Plants ~ High altitude herbs ~ Atlas
A Call for Help! Grades needed
Tanell
Player

Words: 79613
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2014, 6:42 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kontinese

Postby Gossamer on July 2nd, 2015, 4:48 am

Kontinese is not soft and delicate. It is a musical lyrical language filled with intonations and resonate tones. It sounds different underwater, though like other air-borne languages, it is only spoken underwater like english would be... children playing, emergencies, that sort of thing. It's not designed to be heard beneath the waves if that's what your getting at. There's no guttural tones to it and it isn't spoken at the front of the mouth but utilizes all parts of the mouth like any sort of resonate languages do.

Konti are taught to speak using their breath like singers are taught to sing with their whole torsos. Konti are advisers and seers. They need to be heard when they have something to say.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Kontinese

Postby Tanell on July 2nd, 2015, 2:13 pm

Ah, wonderful. Thanks so much for clearing that up for me.
"Speaking in Kontinese" "Speaking in common"
"Others speaking Kontinese" "Others speaking Common"
Plants ~ High altitude herbs ~ Atlas
A Call for Help! Grades needed
Tanell
Player

Words: 79613
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2014, 6:42 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets