Flashbacks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Flashbacks

Postby Selene Livingstone on September 19th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I have a question about flashbacks. I would like to write two of them, one set quite few years aback with members of my family and one more recent to describe a solo journey.

So the question is: how do flashback works? Do I write them solo? If I want to interact with an important member of my family should I create an NPC?

thanks!
Selene Livingstone
Player

Words: 7867
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2015, 12:17 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Flashbacks

Postby Revali on September 19th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Hello there!

For flashbacks, you can either write them as solos, or with people who would have been in that area at the same time. It really depends on what you think would work best. Other than taking place in the past, they work just like a normal thread. You write them in the city where they take place, and they should be dated just as you would timestamp a typical thread.

If you have an important family member in the flashbacks, I would say that you should get permission for them via the Help Desk. The general rule of thumb is that if you use the characters more than once, or if they teach your PC anything, you should have some form of permission.

Let me know if anything I said was unclear, or if you have further questions. :)
6/8 Active Threads
Have some time? Come leave a peer review
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Flashbacks