Settlements.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Settlements.

Postby Aeron Bittern-Willow on November 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm

in flashbacks, is it possible to stage the events in an area like a settlement or small camp that is located in the wilderness or grasslands etc.

For example, i would like to create a story of Aeron growing up and learning to survive in a tiny settlement north of endrykas. If at all possible, please tell me and if there are requirements like the settlement needing to be in the past-tence or destroyed and so on i would appreciate the detail on that and possibly where i may place the post if not in the wilderness. thanks.
Aeron Bittern-Willow
The dryheart, departed from the horizon.

Words: 3208
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2010, 4:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Settlements.

Postby Gossamer on November 19th, 2010, 5:13 pm

The problem with this scenario is that Endrykas is a moving city. It is constantly migrating around the Sea of Grass with people picking up their things and carrying on sometimes days or weeks after they drive in their tent stakes. Small settlements generally aren't going to work in Mizahar's setting. However a suggested way around this is to say your family pavilion was set up for some time at a specific location for a specific reason (perhaps someone was ill and couldn't be moved?) and set the scene there?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Settlements.

Postby Aeron Bittern-Willow on November 19th, 2010, 5:23 pm

thanks, just what i needed.
Aeron Bittern-Willow
The dryheart, departed from the horizon.

Words: 3208
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2010, 4:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet