Hey everyone

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey everyone

Postby Eshatoh on November 29th, 2009, 8:20 pm

My name is... eh... Well, you can call me Ray. I've RPed at two or three boards before this, but they were all based either on a book or a video game (LoZ). I actually didn't even think it was possible to have a completely original fantasy RP until I found this site. I just didn't think anybody would take the time or energy to invent a world complex enough for my tastes. You certainly proved me wrong.

That said, the amount of information you have to digest just to understand this place is dizzying, but I managed. There's just one thing I still don't completely understand, and that's the storytelling system. Does every thread need to have a storyteller of some sort? And also, besides giving out skill points, what exactly is the point of storytelling?

One other thing. After looking in depth at all of the races, I decided to start by playing a Chaktawe, but when I went into the forum, their area of Mizahar is rather... Slow at the moment. What would you recomend doing?

I truly am excited to get started. I enjoy writing in fantasy settings like this more than anything. Specifically, I like long complex adventure plots with a plethora of twists and such with a very healthy dose of romance thrown in. Ooh, complex characters and good character development are also extremely important.
Image rights for signature and avatar belong to TheGreenestRose and digitaldao respectively
Eshatoh
On the other side of the hill

Words: 36644
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Re: Hey everyone

Postby Malia on November 29th, 2009, 8:34 pm

Hello and welcome, Ray! I'm sure that you'll like Mizahar even more once you start playing. :)

No, you don't need a storyteller for every thread. They can write out special events that happen in the city they oversee and they award experience points after a training thread has been finished. If you want something special to happen and play an adventure a storyteller should mod you. They can also mod training threads, although that's not necessary.

And I'd recommend to choose another city to stay. As far as I know Chaktawe are tolerated everywhere (except at the territories of naturally dangerous races like Myrians, Zith etc.).

Hope I could help you!
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 29th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Hey Ray..

Also storytelling IC (verses a storyteller moderating a thread) is a skill you can develop and earn XP in within the game... :) You can play anywhere as a Chaktawae. Don't be shy.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Eshatoh on November 29th, 2009, 9:44 pm

The problem is, I really fell in love with the Chaktawe as a whole; not just as a race, but as a people, setting, etc. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to work with what I've got.
Image rights for signature and avatar belong to TheGreenestRose and digitaldao respectively
Eshatoh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1)

Postby Malia on November 29th, 2009, 10:24 pm

I think if there's someone they can relate to, people are quick to try out different races. Just be patient and let your PC's reputation work for you, haha.

On another note, I really like people who play races which hardly anyone else has played so far. :)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Eshatoh on December 6th, 2009, 2:38 am

Just a quick note...

I realize I haven't yet posted my character sheet, but it's coming. I really am going to start on this site and hopefully stick around. I already have about 5 pages but ran out of steam just as I finished the history. So all I really have left is skills, lore, and the starting package.

Hope to RP with you all soon.

Edit: Also, a quick question: If there's an item that's essential to my character's concept can I have him start with it and just subtract the proper number of miza?
Eshatoh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1)

Postby kotoki on December 6th, 2009, 5:24 am

Welcome to Mizahar, hope you enjoy stay, hope we rp together, and such. Have a nice time :D
The Tenacious thought of peace would drive me insane
kotoki
Player

Words: 6932
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2009, 2:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tarot on December 10th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! :)

The answer is yes - just subtract the amount of Mizas on the price list and give yourself the item.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)