Question about Job Threads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Winona on June 15th, 2016, 8:19 pm

I haven't done any job threads for the Spring yet (in Riverfall, where jobs are seriously needed to be able to live there.) The main reason why is that I sent in a form for a job but never got a reply / approval. I sort of wanted to be a courier out of the few jobs I put in the application... Should I create two or three job threads as placeholders until it's accepted? Or should I just start the two/three job threads as a courier and get them done as soon as possible even though the job application hasn't been looked over? It's already Summer and I really have to get a move on with Winona. I won't be able to get anything graded either until I subtract seasonal expenses from the ledger but I don't wanna do that until I finish a few job threads.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If there's a thread that explains this, please link me to it. :)
Winona
The Deaf Spirit

Words: 26239
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2016, 10:51 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on June 16th, 2016, 1:31 am

To get a job in RF, you need to PM me directly. I hook you up once I get the PM. You need to just include where you want to work out of (location) or a complete description of what you want to do in association to what...

"I want to be a hunter." or "I'd like a job in the ____ profession." Doesn't really work for me. But what does work is something like... "I want to work at the winery and be a vinter." Okay... that I can hook you up with immediately without a lot of back and forth dialog. Just send the PM and I'll set you up.

Don't use the labor aid thread that's outdated. I've put multiple notes in it stating to just PM me. We use the Labor Aid for buying and selling homes and testing for Kuvan Status. :)

Jen
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Winona on June 16th, 2016, 2:58 am

Gossamer wrote:To get a job in RF, you need to PM me directly.

Jen

Thank you so much! I'll do that as soon as possible. :)
Winona
The Deaf Spirit

Words: 26239
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2016, 10:51 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet