Wages/Currency Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Wages/Currency Questions

Postby Nikia on June 16th, 2016, 5:32 am

Hello everyone,

So I'm going to make this as simple as I can. I was hoping someone would explain to me how one can determine the wages of a job. Such as a hunter.

Most domains require 2 job threads to gain full wages (whole season wage), one job thread equals to half-wages.

The math for wages is as such:

(Base Pay * Skill modifier) * work days = wage

Example, Ron is working as a hunter with a base pay of 5 GM/day, and he has Competent level in Hunting skill, then he did 2 job threads for the Summer seasons of 513 A.V (counts as 91 days), so he will receive:

(5 * 1.5) * 91 = 7 (rounded down from 7.5) * 91 = 637 GM

I see how it's determined. But, I don't quite understand. Especially the Skill modifier. Is there any other way this can be explained to me.
"There is no stronger bond than a pack of wolves"

"Common" Thoughts

Nikia
The Wolf One

Words: 32333
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2015, 7:28 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Wages/Currency Questions

Postby Yisanareysin on June 16th, 2016, 7:19 am

As a person becomes more experienced and acquires a greater level of ability in skills that relate to their job, they may expect a greater income. For job-related skills of Competent (L2), income general increases by half again as much (rounded down). Thus an alchemist making 7 gm a day at a Novice level will make 10 gm a day at Competant Level (L2). At the expert level (L3), income doubles thus the Competent Alchemist making 10 gm a day will make 20 gm a day as an Expert. At the Master level, income for a job doubles yet again so that the Expert Alchemist making 20 gm a day will make 40 gm a day once they become a Master.

In other words, at Novice level, you make 1x base pay, at Competent, 1.5x (rounded down), at Expert, 3x, and at master, 6x.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Wages/Currency Questions

Postby Nikia on June 16th, 2016, 10:06 am

Oh..okay. I understand now. Thank you so much for the help and clearing that up for me :)
"There is no stronger bond than a pack of wolves"

"Common" Thoughts

Nikia
The Wolf One

Words: 32333
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2015, 7:28 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes