Ethaefal, Magic & Uni!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Ethaefal, Magic & Uni!

Postby Alethia on July 7th, 2016, 12:46 am

Penny for your thoughts?

Hi there guys!

Was just wondering if anyone would mind answering just a few queries! Any help or advice you could give would be appreciated :3

Ethaefal:

1) When they fall, do the Ethaefal fall during their particular God’s reign in the sky? i.e do Syna, Eth fall during the day / Leth, Eth fall during the night?

2) Just to clarify, are the “hornlike” protrusions from the temples only visible during their Eth form, or are they also visible in their mortal seeming?

Magic or Gnosis?

3) Also I seriously needs some help in deciding between Auristics and Lykata! xD Not to start with, more for plans further down the line. Do I choose one or both? How would they complement each other? How would they not? Any tips for either?

Zeltiva University:

4) Also future planning here for waay down the line xD About the university in Zeltiva. It mentions each class is 30gm, if one were to take a certificate course whereby a subject might be - eg “Writing, 1 Season, 15 points” – Would a student pay 30gm for that one season of the subject, or by “per class” does it mean, that say you took 3 classes to get to the 15 points within the 1 season time limit, would that then cost 90gm? Just to have it all clarified in my head =3

Thanks to you all in advance for helping me to get my head around these things!

Alethia
"Truth Seeking Is A Re-Education Of The Soul"

Words: 12011
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Ethaefal, Magic & Uni!

Postby Gossamer on July 7th, 2016, 1:23 am

1) When they fall, do the Ethaefal fall during their particular God’s reign in the sky? i.e do Syna, Eth fall during the day / Leth, Eth fall during the night?

Anytime. There's no particular 'window' Eth's fall.

2) Just to clarify, are the “hornlike” protrusions from the temples only visible during their Eth form, or are they also visible in their mortal seeming?

Just in your Eth seeming. The mortal form looks mortal. You can't tell they are Eth in that form.

Magic or Gnosis?

3) Also I seriously needs some help in deciding between Auristics and Lykata! xD Not to start with, more for plans further down the line. Do I choose one or both? How would they complement each other? How would they not? Any tips for either?

Why not do both? I don't see why you need to choose between both? Magic works well together with gnosis marks. You need a certain personality type to be Lykata, but its not a super narrow window.

Zeltiva University:

4) Also future planning here for waay down the line xD About the university in Zeltiva. It mentions each class is 30gm, if one were to take a certificate course whereby a subject might be - eg “Writing, 1 Season, 15 points” – Would a student pay 30gm for that one season of the subject, or by “per class” does it mean, that say you took 3 classes to get to the 15 points within the 1 season time limit, would that then cost 90gm? Just to have it all clarified in my head =3

Its 30 GM a class at the cost of 90 GM. Education is not for the poor.

Hope that helps.

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Ethaefal, Magic & Uni!

Postby Alethia on July 7th, 2016, 9:49 am

“If you ask one question, it will lead you to another, and another, and another. It's like peeling an onion.”

But not today! xD haha Absolutely perfect! That has cleared a lot up for me! Thank you so much for getting back so quickly! =D

Alethia
"Truth Seeking Is A Re-Education Of The Soul"

Words: 12011
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Plotnotes