Greetings from a wanderer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Leyus on December 11th, 2016, 10:13 am

Greetings to you all!

My name is Leyus, that is how I prefer to call myself and I don't usually like shortenings of my name (unless it's really necessary for you).
I have... Well, a pretty big RPing history and experience. It all started almost 4 years ago, in, believe it or not, Twitter. Yes, yes, I started in that dark pit with only few little rays of light. I have to thank those few people, because they showed me the real joy of writing something with bigger amount of detail, not just one plain sentence. From then on I enjoyed and still enjoy only RP that can give me quite the lenght of a thread (though, of course quality is far more important). Somewhere at that point I started to travel between different RPing forums, trying to build my experience, style and simply to have fun. I sure did have fun, but about the two others... well, I hope so.
I must warn you, English isn't my native language, so I might make some mistakes.

Speaking about Mizahar, I came across it a year ago, but was so frightened by the wast amout of information, that I didn't stay. Now I found it yesterday again, through a friend, and decided, why not? I've read basic lore, it is really fascinating! I will continue reading about it, though I'm sure that full information can be read for months. :D

Now, I have a question to you all, about the character sheet (it's called CS, right?), as far as I can see, there is no solid shape for it, as long as you give all appropriate information. Is it so? And my biggest concern is about lore, how much can you put in it? How much worth does it have in the RP compared to skill points? That is a thing I would like to know.

Looking forward to Role-Playing with you all!
Leyus
Player

Words: 4706
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2016, 10:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Roselina on December 11th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Hello!

Welcome to Mizahar, I've only been here a few weeks but its really great here.

The lore is in depth, I've read a lot of it, but not all. I'd recommend reading the basics and about the place you choose to reside in.

You can read about the character sheets here and in the rest of the getting started section.

You can choose 2 Lores to start off with, and it affects what your character knows, for example mine knows how to get around Syrilas, because of her lore.

Also your English is great, no need to worry.

If you end up roleplaying in Syrilas, send me a message if you want to thread together. :D

Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Words: 62756
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azmere on December 11th, 2016, 1:38 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Leyus.

There should be a message in your inbox with links to a lot of useful information. This welcome package is more than just rules and boring rhetoric. It contains all of the tools you need to get started. Taking your time with the lore is wise and I commend you for recognizing the mountain of knowledge that it holds. If you have questions, there is almost always someone in our CHAT client who can help sort through things with you. Also, the people in chat can help point you in the direction of where to ask the big questions and special permissions. :D Welcome, once more and have fun.

~Az
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 11th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Welcome.

There's only one hard and fast rule for your CS and that is you need to include all the information in the Character Creation Guide that we ask you to include. That means even if your character DOESNT know the information (like say a date of birth) it still needs to go on the sheet. The CS is yours to format any way shape or form you like as long as we can read it and don't have to dig information out of walls of text. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, we need to be able to see where you get your XP from. You can't just claim you have 80 XP in a skill with no place on your sheet where it was awarded. So what I personally do is list my thread awards (some people call them grades) after where I list my thread link each season in a section so that anyone and everyone can go through and count my XP... like...

Winter 516

1st - Learning To Build A Snowman (+3 Construction, +2 Design, +4 Interior Decorating)

You can feel free to ask anywhere if you need help. Chat will assist, so too will the Liaisons and in the Q&A forum. You can also post tickets in the help desk and we will point you in the right direction if you need help.

Glad you came back to give us a try. Our main coder speaks English as a second language so you are in good company. :)

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on December 11th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Welcome back :3

We're always willing to help new people navigate the site, as long as you're willing to put in the effort :)

Don't stress too much, just go through the lore and feel free to ask for clarification in chat.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)