Hey there!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey there!

Postby Aenisa on March 30th, 2017, 9:27 am

Hey everyone, I am finally glad to say that I have signed up to this awesome RP forum. I have been looking at this website for many years but there has always been something in the way for me to sign up to this and so I have forgotten about it only to return a few months later and look at it again and read some awesome lore again. In any case, here I am!

So, who am I and what am I interested in? (Apart from the obvious to write and RP)

- Reading books (Like most here I assume)
- Learning new things (This can be learning about the Roman Empire, Physics or whatever)
- Being active, hiking, going to the gym, running and cycling. (Just on an amateur level)
- Making new friends and meeting new people (Give me a shout if you wish to just shoot the shit some time outside of this world as well ;) )
- Cooking!
- Gardening.
- Work (I really enjoy work at the moment, got great bosses and colleagues)

And as for who I am?

I am 24 years old from Sweden and I live in the middle parts of Sweden (near the capital) and I am currently studying maths on the side of carrying my full-time job so that I can get into a better university course in the future and become something nice, I am looking at either Computer Science or Astro-physics as my field but we will see. I have been roleplaying for many years on "lower" levels of roleplay but I met someone who opened the creative side of myself even more than before and I have written about half a world on my own as well. I hope to become a part of this community in a healthy way and hopefully eventually contribute to Lore and background story for the entire world (this world).

I am going to take my time to write up a good background story for my character and fill out all the holes before I jump fully into this all and so it might be a few days before you get to see me on any threads around here but I thought I would at least jump in and say hi before I got to head to work today! Also, if you got any tips on where to start this venture when it comes to reading I would be highly appreciated, I have started to learn about my race (Inarta) and then to learn about some cities for a background story but where do I move from there? Or do most of you just go with the flow from there?

Finding a picture for my character, you all got a favorite source of where to get them from?

Hope to see you around soon!
Aenisa
Slowly going insane.

Words: 163554
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2017, 9:13 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Hey there!

Postby Haya on March 30th, 2017, 10:32 am

Hey!

welcome to the forums from a fellow Inarta! I do suggest reading up on Wind Reach, even though the city is closed for roleplay now. The city lore still holds a lot of information on the Inarta themselves; their way of life, their look on outsiders, etc.

Usually race & location already give a lot of ideas for background stories, which you can then start exploring by reading up on what sort of skills/weapons/magic/whatever that your character might have gained through the background you have in mind. (Or you could work the other way around of course and think of what sort of skills/weapons/magic/whatever that you want your character to have first, and what goals they wish to achieve on here, and then figure out how they came to first learn those skills/etc in order to come up with a background.)

The lore is always a bit overwhelming at first, and I'm finding out myself that despite its great detail, there are still always things that can be interpreted one way or another. When in doubt you can pop into the chat sometimes to ask your questions, or you can leave them in the Q&A forum (or if you still don't get a clear answer, ask a StoryTeller).

As someone who is not satisfied with their character avatar, I can't really recommend any good sources (hoping to find the time to squeeze out a drawing instead).

I hope to see you on the forums soon, I'm looking forward to having another active Inarta around! : )
Last edited by Haya on March 30th, 2017, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
active threads for the season: 4/4
Haya
The Clipped

Words: 35126
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Character sheet

Hey there!

Postby Aenisa on March 30th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Thanks for your reply, yeah, I saw that the city itself was closed and I was a bit sad about that but I decided to go with the race anyhow and hopefully weave a wonderful tale from it.

Is there like a big chat for people or did you just mean like generally chat with people?
Aenisa
Slowly going insane.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Hey there!

Postby Haya on March 30th, 2017, 3:17 pm

There's a forum chat, the link is located at the top of the site, right in between Lore and Blogs : )
active threads for the season: 4/4
Haya
The Clipped

Words: 35126
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Character sheet

Hey there!

Postby Aenisa on March 30th, 2017, 3:55 pm

Ah, didn't see it! Thanks!
Aenisa
Slowly going insane.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Hey there!

Postby Taylor03 on April 5th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Aenisa wrote:Hey everyone, I am finally glad to say that I have signed up to this awesome RP forum. I have been looking at this website for many years but there has always been something in the way for me to sign up to this and so I have forgotten about it only to return a few months later and look at it again and read some awesome lore again. In any case, here I am!

So, who am I and what am I interested in? (Apart from the obvious to write and RP)

- Reading books (Like most here I assume)
- Learning new things (This can be learning about the Roman Empire, Physics or whatever)
- Being active, hiking, going to the gym, running and cycling. (Just on an amateur level)
- Making new friends and meeting new people (Give me a shout if you wish to just shoot the shit some time outside of this world as well ;) )
- Cooking!
- Gardening.
- Work (I really enjoy work at the moment, got great bosses and colleagues)

And as for who I am?

I am 24 years old from Sweden and I live in the middle parts of Sweden (near the capital) and I am currently studying maths on the side of carrying my full-time job so that I can get into a better university course in the future and become something nice, I am looking at either Computer Science or Astro-physics as my field but we will see. I have been roleplaying for many years on "lower" levels of roleplay but I met someone who opened the creative side of myself even more than before and I have written about half a world on my own as well. I hope to become a part of this community in a healthy way and hopefully eventually contribute to Lore and background story for the entire world (this world).

I am going to take my time to write up a good background story for my character and fill out all the holes before I jump fully into this all and so it might be a few days before you get to see me on any threads around here but I thought I would at least jump in and say hi before I got to head to work today! Also, if you got any tips on where to start this venture when it comes to reading I would be highly appreciated, I have started to learn about my race (Inarta) and then to learn about some cities for a background story but where do I move from there? Or do most of you just go with the flow from there?

Finding a picture for my character, you all got a favorite source of where to get them from?

Hope to see you around soon!

Hello, welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us these informations :)
Taylor03
Player

Words: 473
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2017, 1:21 pm
Race: Ghost

Hey there!

Postby Rhyson Halfhame on April 13th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Welcome!!!

-Rhyson

(Yes it's totally Hurik, and you are totally helping me to reach the post threshold so I can make a proper CS XD)
Rhyson Halfhame
Forgotten One

Words: 21152
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes