[Take Note!] Please Dont Link Websites For Images!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

[Take Note!] Please Dont Link Websites For Images!

Postby Gossamer on February 23rd, 2018, 2:26 am

Hi Folks!

You know I love you right? Love me back and don't link images that are hosted on other sites to our site. I sometimes get email like the one below that's vaguely threatening and seemingly angry. I know it might be confusing, but a player... in a singular post... was comparing two dresses (and linked images of the two dresses from random sites on the net) in thread. One of the sites didn't like this and sent me an email.

Hello,

My name is (name withheld) and I am on the team that manages (name withheld).

It has come to our attention that we have backlinks coming from mizahar.com and we have located your contact information as a person who may assist in managing the site. We believe that the site might contain backlinks to (name withheld) that are against best practices based on Google Webmaster Guidelines.

We kindly request the links can be removed and have provided a list for you below for your convenience:

(large list of URLs that I removed...)

Please note that you are not the only site that we are contacting and we are not questioning the quality of your site in any way. If possible, please let us know when the link has been removed and we appreciate your cooperation.

Without a response, we will likely need to add your domain to our disavow list that we send to Google on a monthly basis. We are contacting you first as we do not want to negatively impact your site by including in our Disavow Link report.

Thank you for your assistance and understanding.

(Name Withheld)

So please, don't stress me out. Don't do this. Host images on Mizahar.com and link only to our gallery. If you grab images, grab from public domain.

Thanks!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)