Hey all

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey all

Postby Dusti on May 24th, 2018, 12:17 am

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Just Dusti or D is fine--I try not to use my real name online a whole lot unless it pertains to bills :lol:

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Actually fairly new, a couple months? And that one chat RP stint back on Neopets (is my age showing?) but I actively write fanfiction, my own short stories, and do critiques. I used to LARP, did D&D, and there was some cyoa online game thing I did where you download the books, etc, like one player D&D honestly.

3. How did you find us?
I just googled play by post RP sites (after I learned what they were) and you guys popped up, highly recommended.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
That I've done so far? Would have to be LARP, don't get me wrong, I'm loving the writing but theres something more immersive about LARP that always gets me going!

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I like to write about everything, really! I'm not a picky person and I find writing itself to be therapeutic so I can literally write sentences of nonsense in my head and find it enjoyable. Theres very little topic wise that I find to be 'off-limits' and what I don't know, I Google.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
I'm going to have to go with the races. Its different, I love the Tolkien niche but this is a whole new diverse spin. The thought that went into them is very visible and it sucks you in, because even without the setting you have a great set of character races to choose from to make a story in any setting.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
Learning the layout. I hate learning new site layouts, drive me crazy and I don't have the patience for it, thankfully this one isn't too bad and much more organized/less complicated than other sites I've come upon.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
A good writing experience. A learning experience, a fun story with a character, nothing too adventurous and hopefully in the long run a new hobby.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
I haven't been around enough to comment, everything I've come across seems fleshed out, even the closed cities.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I’m mid-twenties, live in the desert, I own several animals, and work full-time but still have a lot of time on my hands so I've been a quick replier so far. I'm not a great writer but I'm decent so always feel free to point out mistakes to help me improve. I also have been loving learning CSS coding and I'm looking forward to writing with you!
Dusti
Player

Words: 14484
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2018, 5:36 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hey all

Postby Gossamer on May 24th, 2018, 12:53 am

Hey Dusti!

I loved this intro. You were so fun meeting in chat. Its nice to have players like you who really put things out there and dive head first into the game. I really think you'll add a great deal to Mizahar. Thanks for picking us and joining our community!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Hey all

Postby Dusti on May 24th, 2018, 1:48 am

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone has been very inviting so far so I feel like I'm going to enjoy the community quite a bit! :nod:
Dusti
Player

Words: 14484
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2018, 5:36 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes