Amazing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Amazing

Postby Diem on December 26th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Yo. Not sure I'm ready to give my name out yet so Diem will do.

I have to say this site is amazing. Ever since the crash of the other rp site I was on, a figurative and literal crash, I have been looking for a site that interests me. Gotta say this one hooked me.

The detail and involvment in the lore, though a little hard to navigate at first, is really fascinating. Hope to have a great deal of fun Roleplaying here.
Diem
Carpe Diem

Words: 28676
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Re: Amazing

Postby Gossamer on December 26th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Wow... what a great compliment for the staff. Thanks! I hope you feel really welcome here - playing Mizahar is sort of like getting adopted by a new family - so be prepared. And if we can help you get started in any way, let us know. Questions are encouraged and answered promptly.

I also really love your Avatar.

Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? Nothing personal required of course, unless you want too, but its helpful for us to know what sort of things you like rping about or what you'd like to get out of your Mizaharian experience. Also, chat is very helpful for new folks as well.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: Amazing

Postby Diem on December 26th, 2009, 11:13 pm

Well lets see I'm male a college student studying to be a history teacher. ever since I snuck onto my fathers computer and played Doom for the first time I've been addicted to video games, and I can't even remeber when I started reading, just that i have a rather large collection of books and not enough shelf space. I was always drawn to the fantasy annd scifi genres so coupled with video games my interest in roleplaying was born. Well that and ff7. I'm not new to the online forum roleplay thing, I was actually a moderator for a brief amount of time, but neither am I that expirienced. Truth be told I have only ever been on that one other site. I actually remember my first post their, my half elf got into barroom brawl that inadverndently dropped him in the middle of a major sub plot. I'd like to think I've improved as writer but spell check insists that I am fail as always. Oh and if given the chance I tend to ramble a little bit. Can you tell?

I like roleplaying in general but my favorites have always been fights and politics. Something about outmanuvering opponents with a character you built is just plain old fun. And testing your character against other peoples creations is always enjoyable. The fun it is to seize power in a political fashion by planning ahead and being prepared, sometimes through the means of lawful and just like character sometimes through the sociopathic mind of criminal hell bent on gaining power to further some dasterdly and quite evil cause.

See rambling.

I do have on question though. I can't seem to find it in any of the listings, although i have to say I have also been fail at navigating your information pages, but is a character I make allowed to have an NPC friend or two? I don't mean to start an entire retinue of misfits and adventures to accompany him but I had an idea for two travling companions that would make him a little more interesting and a little less bland.
Diem
Carpe Diem

Words: 28676
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets