._. (here's to a longer title that's clickable)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Some Kelvic Dude on November 23rd, 2019, 12:30 pm

Hello everyone! Came across this site about a week or two ago. After lurking around for a bit and thinking I might start some RP here soon, I figure it's about time I introduce myself - with the help of these convenient conversation starters:

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
As you can probably tell by my avatar and username, I'm set on making a Kelvic guy but haven't yet fleshed out any details about him. In the meantime, you can call me Ari, or any part/variant of "Some Kelvic Dude", if ya like.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I started my RP journey in the summer of 2017. First on a Star Wars site (that's unfortunately down atm) and then moved on to a Harry Potter site (which I'm still committed to)..Aaand, that's about it. Not much experience, in my opinon. I'd love to RP more, but unforunately, I can only do so on my spare time when I'm not bogged down with school (4th year MedTech student here, btw). Frankly, it's the only thing that's kept me sane all these years, having a little recreational RP to relax to, between studies. :retard: I look forward to graduating so I can free myself for more RP time.

3. How did you find us?
In the most unlikely of places. I was strolling through another Star Wars site and happened to read a user's post, saying they previously RPed on Mizahar, so I thought I'd drop on by to check it out. First thing I clicked was the Races list, and the Kelvics immediately hooked my intrigue.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Uh...what's a "style"? o_o Is that like, 1st/2nd/3rd-person? or semi/advanced (il)literate?

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I'm all for adventure, slice of life. I'm also a horse fanatic, so any world that has those in them, I like. :D Hence, my Kelvic character inspiration. I prefer fantasy worlds like LotR versus sci-fi ones like SW (though SW does hold that childhood soft spot in my heart). RPing as an animal - like the Warriors cats - is something I've always fancied. Again, more reason why I decided to go the Kelvic route. As for things I'm not so much into... Romance, actually. Not that I wouldn't try my hand at RPing that sort of stuff. I just have zero experience with that, both irl and RP-wise. :confused:

6. What's your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The originality of it all. I've never not RPed in a non-fandom based world before, so we'll see if I can handle it.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
There's so. much. to read up on. Not that it's a bad thing, but there's quite a lot to take in at once. I'm still not confident I understand fully what's going on in this world (both IC and OOC), so any advice/help/tips for a newbie here would be much appreciated.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
Make some friends, expand my horizons, add some more writer's experience to my belt, finally RP as an animal (sort of), and to have fun!

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Once I've caught up with the thousand pages of lore, I'll let you know.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Yes, but it best belongs in the Matchmaker forum. ;)

Aaand, that's the end of that interview. Glad to be here and nice to meet you all!
Last edited by Some Kelvic Dude on November 24th, 2019, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some Kelvic Dude
Player

Words: 1253
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2019, 1:50 pm
Race: Kelvic

._.

Postby Gossamer on November 23rd, 2019, 4:03 pm

Welcome to Mizahar.

First off, make sure when you title things you put an actual working title in something and not misc characters. Its hard to click o a tiny little ._.. Also, scrapbooks are for posting anything and everything, but your character sheet belongs in the character sheet forum along with the rest of them. You can find that forum in the drop down menu up above under "Getting Started".

Reading the Welcome PM in your inbox will go a long way to giving you some great links to get help or find things. One of our best resources is our Discord Chat. That's where the community hangs out, challenges each other to write, etc. We can also answer questions in real-time there.

Here's the invite link: https://discord.gg/MaqnyWq

Happy RPing!

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Some Kelvic Dude on November 24th, 2019, 12:44 am

Point taken about the title. As for my character sheet, I'm using the Scrapbook to play around with formatting for now, but once I've actually sketched up something solid for my character, I'll be transferring it to the proper forum section where it belongs.

Thanks for the invite!
Some Kelvic Dude
Player

Words: 1253
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2019, 1:50 pm
Race: Kelvic