Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Dommy on September 8th, 2021, 7:01 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Dominic or Dom. You can also call my Dommy because sometimes I am a Dummy. I know I need to name my account for my character, but I am still deciding. I'll have it updated soon!
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I play a LOT of online DnD with friends... looking to get more into the role playing and less of the stats side of things.
3. How did you find us? A very old list of mine that featured a bunch of roleplay sites that I wanted to try.... eight years later, I am finally trying them.
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? Usually tabletop, but I'm branching into writing.
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I enjoy writing from the perspective of characters who are a little messed up. I am a psychology enthusiast, so exploring what different mental illnesses and nuerodivergence looks like in a fantasy world seems fun. Ghosts look like they are practically required to have trauma, so I think that will be an easy and fun start for me.
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? It's HUGE! The knowledge base is chalk full of stuff. I feel a but overwhelmed at the moment, but I'm excited to dig in anyway and see what the community and vibes are like.
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? A lot of the game mechanics are admittedly a bit confusing. I am seeking writing-focused RPGs so I don't have to worry about keeping track of heavy statistics, I enjoy the "acting" more than the "mathing", so to say. But! I'm happy to learn for a rockin' community, and it looks like there are a few options to play without heavy stats tracking, so thats cool!
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
Friends! I enjoy the acting part of roleplay and seeing what creative stuff people come up with for their adventurers is my favorite part, so community is important to me.
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? I think I would be lost with more expansion, but it looks like this place is always adapting and growing, so I'm along for the ride.
10. Anything else you want to talk about? Thank you all for the welcome in Discord! I'm really excited to get my character approved and get going. At the moment I only have the bare bones of a character, but I have a lot of questions! As I get them answered and get settled, I will probably be DMing everyone in my city to play.
Dommy
Player

Words: 3297
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2021, 6:29 pm
Race: Ghost

Hello!

Postby Gossamer on September 11th, 2021, 1:14 am

Hi Dommy!

Welcome to Mizahar! I can't believe no one has said hello yet. Usually, the site is a chatty bunch. Glad you found us again and decided to play. I myself have a table top background. A ghost will be an interesting take. I find them challenging and fun to interact with personally. They usually have unique motivations and drives.

While we do have statistics here and give credit where credit is due in the form of grades, the emphasis is on the writing and on the storytelling so you get a full fledge taste of what its like to emerse yourself in a writing world that's still balanced enough to not let freeform god-like PCs roam around. The stats side of it keeps the PCs honest in their interaction with one another.

Let us know when your character sheet is done and we'll look it over and approve it. :)

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)