Question: Gnosis

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Astrea Rose Griffin on March 15th, 2011, 5:20 pm

I would like my character to have a Gnosis mark, but I am not entirelly certain how to so before I actually verify that she has a Gnosis mark I have a few questions to ask.

First, do I need to ask permission for my character to have a Gnosis mark and what god/ess gave her that mark?

Second, What age do you recommend for my character to recieve this mark or if she should even get a mark at all?
Live for Today, Look Forward to Tomorrow...and don't for get to smile.
Astrea Rose Griffin
Player

Words: 23721
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 2:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ageru on March 15th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Both of your questions could be answered with relative ease upon a little searching of the wiki. The age of the character upon receiving the mark is limited to what Gnosis you are wanting. Some are given upon birth and up and others wait for the person to grow up thinking that the powers granted by the gnosis cant be handled by children, among other reasons. Not knowing the gnosis you want I cannot recommend an age for your character.

Secondly you do need permission for a gnosis mark, and that, along with the various other arrangements are ironed out in the Help Desk. Just go there and ask for one, but be sure you know what gnosis mark you want. Also be sure to read it maybe once or twice so you fully understand what you are asking for.
Ageru
Player

Words: 61756
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amarhyl on March 15th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Exactly what Ageru said.
In the Wiki you'll find a list of Gnosis marks. Pick one that suits what you have in mind for your character, then read up on it. By reading the page of the Gnosis you want, you will find out what God/dess gives it, why and how they give it and what it does in more detail.

When you've done that, then follow the link Ageru gave you (:
Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56680
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Astrea Rose Griffin on March 15th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Oh ok thanks everyone ^.^ but I have one mroe question.

You might not recommend this, but I would like my character to get Gnosis that is not what she wouldn't want to do. The Gnosis I have in mind is the one dealing with pain (I can't look it up at the moment) and that could be a dilemma because she does not want to cause anyone pain.
Astrea Rose Griffin
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on March 15th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Just a warning, choose a Gnosis wisely. If you choose one, then decide you don't like what it does to your PC, owell. You are stuck with it.

Also, Kyrsus ( I believe) gives the Gnosis for causing pain. And keep in mind that if you don't cause pain, you will die within a week (it's all off the top of my head). So be sure that is what you want.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ronin on March 15th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Hi, I currently have a character than I am trying to get a Vexation Gnosis for. (That is the one that has to do with pain.) What you have to realize is, if you don't cause pain every day your character will suffer great pain herself and if you don't cause pain every 4 days you will die. So no matter how much your character hates causing pain, she will still have to. This could make for some great character development if you are up for it, but it will most likely be challenging to write. So make sure you're up for the challenge.

I also noticed in your CS that you want to travel. Travel between cities takes a long time in Mizahar (more than four days) and there are no small villages between cities. Therefore, you would have to travel with companions that you could continually hurt, or else you would die.

I do not mean to discourage you from a Vexation mark. I just want to point out the facts. You may want to look at another mark, but, if you have your heart set on Vexation, I'm sure there are ways to make it work.
Ronin
The Pansy who talks like a Dandy

Words: 117946
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 3:20 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Ageru on March 15th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Wait... So youre saying that you want her to get a gnosis that ICly she wouldnt want? I think that is perfect for character development and might bring about an interesting turn of events. The gnosis youre referring to doenst happen to be Vexation does it?

Oh and I might not get your question, because that was more a statement than anything, but you were asking our opinion?

Again, I warn you to read over EVERYTHING about the gnosis that you want so you dont end up getting something that you didnt want in the end. Vexation seems like a hard one to write, but could be interesting put into the right and creative hands.
Ageru
Player

Words: 61756
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Astrea Rose Griffin on March 15th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Ooooohhh this is getting really interesting! Ok this will be exciting, but maybe I should check out some more Gnosis just incase there is something else out there, but yes I am very interested in Vexation. It will make my characters life very confusing and stressful ^.^ I'm really excited!
Astrea Rose Griffin
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Astrea Rose Griffin on March 15th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Question though if she has to cause pain, is it just limited to humans or can it be done to animals as well? 0_o
Astrea Rose Griffin
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on March 15th, 2011, 9:08 pm

I believe it's just humans. But read it over in the Vexation article. Ronin just posted it a few minutes ago. It will answer any questions you might have.

PS= It was Ageru that posted it, not Ronin. My bad!
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next