Mages how to croak them?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Mages how to croak them?

Postby Jokor on July 8th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Well the question is fairly simple, I am working on a character that hates personal magic from the bottem of his hearth and is devoting his life to hunting every single one of them down and making sure that the entire art is gone for good.
I know probably won't succeed but sounds like a blast to play.
What I was asking are there any ways to make it impossible for a mage to use his magic during a fight without lobotomy? A poison that screws up their djed or anything like that? Or should I just keep myself in the shadows and use strike hard, fast and when theyd on't expect them?
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Mages how to croak them?

Postby Seidaku on July 8th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Antimagic is definitely the link you are looking for.

Lobotomy is the most reliable method listed, but there are certainly other temporary means. Also, not listed on the pace as specifically anti-magic, but any poison or effect that would interfere with concentration would likely make working magic more difficult if not outright impossible.
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Words: 140247
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Character sheet

Mages how to croak them?

Postby Jokor on July 8th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Well since I am actually trying to kill the mages the shackles and lobotomy are fairly useless in a fight, not to mention the shackles are a master level product from glyphing and would probably be to expensive, the mageworm could be usefull to sneak into his food or something and then attack him when the thing has taken hold.
But if that concentration thing works I should go looking through the poison section. Any other ideas?
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook