Question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Question

Postby Barnabus Tybalt on August 7th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Hello, everyone.

I've been working on a character concept that I'm liking but it sort of hinges on a question I have concerning Webbing.

These webs are only visible of the web mage concentrates on seeing them. Otherwise they have a habit of fading into the background and not making themselves blatantly obvious. At night, however, these lovely arcane weavings appear as almost glowing ley lines across the land. They can be so bright (in the case of ancient augmented lines) that they turn the night into day in the eyes of a web mage.

It's a bit vague. Is it saying that only Web Mages can see these webs or just much less visible for others to see? Are they visible to everyone at night? I'm leaning towards only web mages but I figured I would ask to make sure.
Barnabus Tybalt
Player

Words: 160
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2011, 1:04 pm
Race: Human

Question

Postby Xalet on August 7th, 2011, 11:02 pm

I'm nearly 100% sure that just the mages can see them, due to this quote right here:

Once bathed in the waters of web, so to speak, the student is inducted in a way, because once they come out of their deliberate immersion, they will be able to see webs if they concentrate on them from that moment on.

That's pretty specific right there, as it clearly states that they need to be mentored (previous to this quote) and that once the whole web bathing immersion thing happens, they can see webs.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Question

Postby Barnabus Tybalt on August 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Aha! Yeah, I remember that (now XD). Thanks for pointing that out.
Barnabus Tybalt
Player

Words: 160
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2011, 1:04 pm
Race: Human