Hullo.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hullo.

Postby Sabellius Scarsi on January 10th, 2010, 12:35 am

Hullo, everyone.

My name is Simon, and I'm rather new to this whole thing, so please bare with me. I was getting a little fatigued during the writing of some of my profile sheet, so I apologise for any strange occurrences within it.

I like justified text, excellent (& archaic) grammar, adoptions of odd manners of speech & writing (ironically), etc. At the moment I also like ampersands and brackets.

I hardly think it would be appropriate for a gentleman to be so peevish as to publically announce his dislikes.

Si.
Sabellius Scarsi
Player

Words: 2411
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2010, 5:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: Hullo.

Postby Book__wyrm on January 10th, 2010, 12:40 am

Welcome. There's really no need to be so formal, but if you prefer it that way, we'd be fine with that too. I hope you have fun.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Sabellius Scarsi on January 10th, 2010, 12:43 am

I've recently been reading a book set in the early 19th Century and it's had quite an impact on my writing.

I assure you, I normally sound nothing like this. It's more like when you start doing an accent and enjoy it so much you can't stop.
Sabellius Scarsi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alistair deGrey on January 10th, 2010, 1:23 am

Ah yes, I do believe your name has been far more promiscuous than yourself my good Sir Scarsi. Fine prose detailing your most excellent fancy and infinite jest sprang forth from the mouth of my good Sir Sonyn like song from a birds gullet not an candle ago!

So What finds itself in the rafters, canine? Have you more information to detail? Inquiries mayperhaps?

Most Superlative Regards,
Morse
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 10th, 2010, 1:35 am

Well, at least your honest about your likes and dislikes. :) Welcome to Mizahar. I hope you enjoy yourself here.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Sabellius Scarsi on January 10th, 2010, 2:45 pm

Mon cher Alistair,

You, and the doubtless illustrious Mr. Sonyn, do me far too much honour. I do hope that I may catch up to the reputation that proceeds me.

As for questions, I have none. Or rather, I have already heaped them upon Mme. Gossamer, and have been answered quite to my satisfaction. Further information? I daresay there is more of myself that I may share.

I am an eighteen year old, who hails from England, though my heritage is as jumbled as a drunkard's thoughts. My current view on this whole enterprise is that my characters shall be subservient to the plot. Now such a sweeping statement may infer many things, but chief amongst them is that the death or ruination of a character is ultimately of no concern to me if the plot requires it. I will indulge in some character development to get my self settled, but afterwards I should think I would like to try my hand at some intricate plots.

I hope this is a little more to your liking. If you require or desire further information, do not hesitate to ask.

I believe I shall add to my list of likes 'free indirect discourse'. And though I thought I disliked larger writing, I have become accustomed to it, and the continuous use of small font has made me appear to be somewhat a verbal miser. And so we have arrived at this size of font.
Sabellius Scarsi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Satu on January 10th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Miser is such a harsh word, Mr. Scarsi. I prefer penny pincher. Welcome!

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Sabellius Scarsi on January 10th, 2010, 3:55 pm

I dare say you are right, Miss Satu. Though perhaps harshness is too be encouraged in my indictment of my own stingy aesthetic.
Sabellius Scarsi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sorian on January 10th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Alas, thou be mistaken magnanimous sir, for Satu is of mankind and not of femininity.

I bid thee welcome to Mizahar, and add that complacency be reserved for less volatile times, for thou hast come at a most trying period in our history. Prepare to brandish your weapons and smite thine enemies, for the onslaught of despair--and trout--shall not cease.
Sorian
The wheels of life have slowly fallen off

Words: 202697
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sabellius Scarsi on January 10th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Alack! That I should have been so ignorant and so foolish to as to conflate the sex of the puppet with that of the puppeteer! I shall never be able to erase the shame with which I have dyed myself; a thousand curses upon my careless fingers!

Forsooth, I feel myself drift back in time in my employment of language. Be it so? Well then good, I say: so much the closer to the time of Mizahar.

As to your exhortation to protect this fair realm, I know not what help I may be.

(There are too many exclamation marks in this post, but I suppose the genre of melodrama demands it)
Sabellius Scarsi
Player

Character sheet

Next