Food For A Week.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Food For A Week.

Postby Bjorn Grimdark on June 17th, 2011, 9:41 am

So far, i see no mention of what exactly the starter pack of food for a week contains. Such as, cheese and bread would be common enough for me to assume it's being there, but would meats be? Would oils or sweeteners be? Any spices? Of course i do not expect any exotics or expensive stuff, but i plan for my character to earn a good bit of cooking skills on his travels so i thought i'd ask.

Give your best guess if you can, and as always, thanks for looking.
Blessed Is The Man Who Resist Temptation, Though Rewarded Is The Man Who Gives In.
Bjorn Grimdark
The Grimdark Guy

Words: 7026
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Food For A Week.

Postby Seidaku on June 17th, 2011, 1:11 pm

I am by no means an authority on this, but I figured that the "week of food" was left purposefully vague to allow variances in character type. The biggest example I can think of would be for differences in race, a Charoda would have different food than a human, who would have different food for a Symenestra.

Also, depending on your character concept, even within a single race, you might have a city native, who would have actual food. Or you might have a foot loose wanderer, where iron rations or something similar would make more sense.

That being said, in my opinion, something like simple spices would not be outside the realm of believability.
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Words: 140247
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Character sheet

Food For A Week.

Postby Elisse on June 17th, 2011, 1:39 pm

I agree with Seidaku. I think it was left vague on purpose.
I mean, a kelvic with a carnivore animal form would want more meats and things, whereas a human would probably want more variety - cheese and herbs like you said.

I think you can have spices and what-not, just don't go too over the top.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Words: 23711
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 3:34 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook