Another Question, About Jobs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Bjorn Grimdark on June 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Sorry to be flooding the place with questions so much, but i proposed this to chat and the answers were inconclusive. This one may not be too helpful to anyone other then my character, but an ideas an idea.

For at least the good part of a season, wrath will be by himself or maybe with one partner/friend. Of course, with my plan to take over Ivan's mercenary idea or at least be in a combat oriented organization, i want wrath to focus on skills such as intimidation, combat, leadership and the like, so im sure i'll try to get a seasonal job as a mercenary in some city, likely ravok or sunberth.

The problem with that is that there are a million other people who could do the job, and lets face it, most of them can do it better then i can. So i assume that as a seasonal job, it greatly depends on the PCs or NPCs that actually need things done they dont care to do themselves. That being said, i get to my question.

Is it possible to have two jobs at once? My idea would be for wrath to also take (part time???) job as a cook, because that would give me an excuse to gather a lot of experience in it for when im traveling and what not, and while im stuck in what ever city im working at, it'd give me something to fall back on for money in case mercenary work is not really needed, assuming that its ever unneeded.

If a mod or two would give comment, it'd help a lot.
Blessed Is The Man Who Resist Temptation, Though Rewarded Is The Man Who Gives In.
Bjorn Grimdark
The Grimdark Guy

Words: 7026
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Archon on June 20th, 2011, 10:55 pm

The ability to have more than one job would depend on the specifics of the job when worked out with the Storyteller involved with where you're getting your job. Some jobs demand more time than others, might have conflicting schedules, or even conflicting requirements. If you can work it out with your local Storyteller that you have more than one job, then you have more than one job. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office