Uh? I'm new.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Uh? I'm new.

Postby Clarabelle Barnett on October 2nd, 2011, 8:39 pm

Hey there! As you can see, I'm new, and I really don't want to break any rules. :)

I was wondering if there was a minimum age for characters. See, I wanted to create a child, -around six, seven, or eight years-, as my character. Is this allowed, if not I will be happy to alter her. ^_^

Next, I am creating a mixed breed. Now, I read on the starting guide that, "Any drastic deviations from the guidelines the race descriptions give you requires Special Permission.", and that is why I'm here. I will be making a Half Symenestra (Mother)/Half Human (Father), and I'm just here to get permission to make the spawn look like each race... I'm not sure if this is drastic deviation but better safe than sorry, right?

That is all. :) Thank-you.
Clarabelle Barnett
Demon in Disguise.

Words: 1622
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Uh? I'm new.

Postby Kaiielle on October 2nd, 2011, 9:27 pm

Hello and Welcome to Miza!

You can make a young child, but the problem with them is if they do not have parents and are just roaming about the world by themselves, they have a very slim to none chance of living. Mizahar is a very dangerous place, no where fit for a child. But if you make NPC (Non-Player Characters) parents or guardian to care for your PC, then I think that'd be okay. But I'm not 100% on that so you'll probably have to ask a founder or mod.

Here is more info on how to create NPCs - http://www.mizahar.com/lore/NPC

Regarding your other question, you don't need special permission to make a Symenestra/Human mixed blood. (:

One again, welcome to Miza and I hope you have an awesome time!
Kaiielle
you might be surprised.

Words: 25267
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2011, 5:18 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Uh? I'm new.

Postby Clarabelle Barnett on October 3rd, 2011, 1:44 am

Thanks for the welcome! ^_^ I can already tell I will have an awesome time.

Do you think it would be alright if there was perhaps an orphanage the child would stay at, or is it forbidden to create new places inside the cities?
Clarabelle Barnett
Demon in Disguise.

Words: 1622
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Uh? I'm new.

Postby Xalet on October 3rd, 2011, 1:56 am

If you want to create establishments they'd have to go through the Storytellers and get approved. Like Kaiielle said though, if you truly were a child, you'd need someone to keep a close eye on you a great deal of the time. Mizahar is dangerous. Not like "there's monsters in dungeons" dangerous, like "trained and skilled people in excellent physical fitness very rarely die from old age" dangerous.

Of course it depends a bit on what City you're staying in as well, but, and this is just from my role-playing experience, Mizahar is the most dangerous setting I've ever played in. It makes you think, and it makes you play smart. I like to think of it like...the weak either live long enough to become strong, or die trying. There's a lot of opportunity here though, so welcome to the game!
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)