Hello world.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello world.

Postby Benacer on February 21st, 2010, 5:45 pm

My name is Fábio, though I rarely am called by my name in the Internet (mostly because I rarely reveal it in the first place). I am 20 years old. I've had several different aliases already, thus I am used to being called for different and unusual names. You may call me Fábio, Benacer, whichever you prefer.

I admit I don't have that much experience when it comes to writing/role playing, but I've always wanted to give it a serious try. I've tried role playing in MMORPGs, though it never ended up well, plus such games have certain limitations and are much faster paced, hence I found it better to look for a place like this in which we can write and elaborate on our stories a little more.

I found Mizahar by looking for a good play-by-post role playing forum through Google. When searching I stumbled upon several other interesting webpages, but Mizahar caught my attention the most for the large amount of lore and for trying to bring a new alternative to the fantasy genre, by avoiding the already overused themes. I have been reading the wiki for the past couple days to grasp as much as I can to start playing, though I guess I still have to study the lore some more to get started. Every single page on the wiki gets me more and more excited about getting started already! :)

I still haven't decided about most of my my character's story, but I already have a few main ideas and concepts in mind. And I am of course trying to come up with a nice avatar, seeing as most of you have such amazing character portraits, unrivaled by anything I could design myself, as I am unable to start drawing anything of the sort from scratch. I really have no idea on how to find a good one, so any suggestions are always welcome. :D

English is not my first language, though from reading the other introduction threads it seems like I am not the only non-native speaker here. :) Although I have been practicing my English in the past years, it is still somewhat flawed, and I may commit a few mistakes here and there when writing, which won't be a big problem, I hope.
Benacer
Player

Words: 11588
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2010, 3:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: Hello world.

Postby Satu on February 21st, 2010, 5:54 pm

Benacer, your English is just fine. You will fit right in to Mizahar. Welcome!

May your character have interesting times!

And do check out the chat. If you have any questions at all, you will be bombared with answers! :)

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Pua on February 21st, 2010, 6:00 pm

Aloha Fábio! It is a pleasure to meet you and welcome to Mizahar.

deviantart is a good place to brows for character pics, Avis, etc. Just make sure you get the artist's permission if they require it. (some do, some don't). There are also quite a few photoshop savvy members who you could ask for help modifying anything you find

Aloha,
Mika

P.S. don't forget to check out Chat
Pua
Bald Jungle Hunk

Words: 45470
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Cayenne on February 22nd, 2010, 12:30 am

Hi Fábio, welcome to Mizahar!

Are you finding everything okay? :) Feel free to hop in chat!
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Masiraphydeana on February 22nd, 2010, 12:42 am

Hi there! I guess I'm not the only one putting language disclaimers in their introductions :D.
Masiraphydeana
Player

Words: 5319
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Lirilazula on February 22nd, 2010, 2:10 am

Welcome, Fábio!

Enjoy exploring and creating your character - it's limitless and a great experience, and everyone is incredibly helpful. :)
Save your poison for a lover
who is on your side.
Lirilazula
No backward glances.

Words: 13483
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 6:49 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Benacer on February 22nd, 2010, 1:37 pm

Satu wrote:Benacer, your English is just fine. You will fit right in to Mizahar. Welcome!

May your character have interesting times!

And do check out the chat. If you have any questions at all, you will be bombared with answers! :)

Thank you! I will check the chat soon. :] This certainly looks like a very friendly community!
Pua wrote:Aloha Fábio! It is a pleasure to meet you and welcome to Mizahar.

deviantart is a good place to brows for character pics, Avis, etc. Just make sure you get the artist's permission if they require it. (some do, some don't). There are also quite a few photoshop savvy members who you could ask for help modifying anything you find

Aloha,
Mika

P.S. don't forget to check out Chat

Oh, thanks for the tip. I will browse Deviantart a little bit, I know there are great artists there who could help. I can handle editing them with photoshop to some extent, the real problem would be finding a base picture to start with. I will see what I can get on deviantart. :)
Cayenne wrote:Hi Fábio, welcome to Mizahar!

Are you finding everything okay? :) Feel free to hop in chat!

Yes, everything is fine! Way better than I expected, actually. :) I will make sure to check the chat tonight.
Masiraphydeana wrote:Hi there! I guess I'm not the only one putting language disclaimers in their introductions :D.

With so many great writers around here, it's always good to let them know! :D
Lirilazula wrote:Welcome, Fábio!

Enjoy exploring and creating your character - it's limitless and a great experience, and everyone is incredibly helpful. :)

Oh, I realized that! There is so much involved on creating a character, and I find it most enjoyable. I definitely don't intend to rush it, I will try to think everything through. And I find it amazing how Mizahar's system gives a lot of opportunities for us to express our creativity on this field.
Benacer
Player

Words: 11588
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2010, 3:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on February 22nd, 2010, 7:15 pm

Well Met and Welcome. I've always loved the name Fábio. I'm glad we have someone aptly representing it here. I enjoyed your enthusiastic introduction and the way your comfortable with your strengths and weaknesses. Glad to see your giving us a chance!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)