Just a few questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Just a few questions

Postby Besyrr on November 17th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Ok, I am a newcomer to Mizahar :D so I have a couple of questions that all mostly relate to my character creation. In short, I'm thinking of creating a Vantha who uses Glyphing magic and may either join the Icewatch or become some sort of criminal. Well, here are my questions:

:?: 1. Is it possible to use a glyph to copy a magic from another glyph that is being used? For example... A glyph that was storing Flux magic is used, can another glyph copy that Flux magic so that it is possible that the spell isn't used up completely, but instead I just copy it again on another glyph?

:?: 2. I believe that I am unable to already start rp'ing as a member of the Icewatch immediately. Is it possible that I can say in my storyline that I already tried out for the Icewatch but failed miserably? I'm still considering some possible options for my character's history.

:?: 3. Do Vantha's eye colors change specifically to a specific emotion? Such as Red eyes are always anger and green eyes are always jealousy? Or can they be unique to every individual?

:?: 4. How do I do birthdays? If it is 511 AV now and I wanna be born 23 years ago... Is it simply Fall of 488 AV? Or do I have to find a specific date? For example, with months and days.

:?: 5. Can I leave a little bit of mystery in my storyline? Such as, create a time skip and not explain why/how he changed during that time skip?

:?: 6. With summoning... is it possible to summon creatures from the world of Mizahar? For example a Golem or something.

:?: 7. With Hunting or Wilderness survival... would I need any pre-requisite skills in order for me to use them? For example with archery or fishing or map-skills or whatever. If not, do we already assume that I can already use a bow or read a map or make fire?

:?: 8. Can a glyph that I create be transferred to, let's say my companion. For instance, I use flux magic to increase my leg strength. The Glyph's focus is on me, but the path is set to target onto someone else. Such as my friend.

:?: 9. Does a Glyph have to be drawn by hand? Or is it possible to create a magical glyph of some kind. Like, some sort of magical energy is created in the air that traces the shape of a glyph? Oh, could that work with a shield? A shield in the form of a glyph? Like, a glyph that stores magic that is thrown at it. As a result it absorbs it and stores it, it can be released later on as an attack.

Wow, that was a lot more questions than what I was going to ask initially (I was originally gonna ask 3 questions). Sorry about that. I just like to REALLY think about my character - I find it fun creating characters :drool: . I have too many ideas, maybe it is a good thing i joined Mizahar, I can let it out and calm myself :p
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Character Sheet of Besyrr
Besyrr
Newbie I guess

Words: 5577
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2011, 10:35 pm
Race: Human, Vantha

Just a few questions

Postby Kaiielle on November 18th, 2011, 1:08 am

I cannot answer all your questions, but I'll answer the ones I do know! :)

#3: Eye color is unique for every Vantha.

#4: There are no months in Mizahar, only days, seasons, and years. There are four seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) and there are 90 days in each season, except for Winter which has 91 to make up 365 days in each year. So yes, you are correct about your birth date being in Fall, 488 AV. All you will need to do is specify the day in the Fall that you were born.
Kaiielle
you might be surprised.

Words: 25267
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2011, 5:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Just a few questions

Postby Besyrr on November 18th, 2011, 8:43 am

Cool, thanks. :D
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Character Sheet of Besyrr
Besyrr
Newbie I guess

Just a few questions

Postby Belgar on November 18th, 2011, 4:31 pm

2. It's kind of unlikely, because the Icewatch test involves surviving the wilderness of North Taldera. Either you get into Icewatch or you die trying. You might be able to talk to Cheshire about maybe having lost out because of some dishonor or handicap that you can get over through the course of your writing.

5. You could leave mystery, but most people include in their CSes even histories that the characters themselves do not remember. If you want it to be a part of your character's past, you might as well include it in the official write-up and leave it a mystery to her and/or the people she encounters.

7. Most complementary hunting skills you'll need to have points in. If you want to go bow-hunting, you need archery skills. You'll need tracking or cartography if you want to use those, too. As for basic wilderness survival things, basic things like building a shelter and making a fire would come relatively easy on, say, 15 WS points, but you'll still want to struggle with the specific tasks until you get lores for them. WS around Avanthal is particularly tricky and I would suggest some training threads to up it before you try anything drastic.

Unfortunately I'm no expert on the magic questions either, but I'm sure someone else will come along for those soon!
If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.
Belgar
Emo Bear

Words: 74066
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2011, 12:43 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Just a few questions

Postby Gossamer on November 18th, 2011, 5:02 pm

#1 Nope. No copying. It's either used or not used.

#6 Just offworld.

#8 It's a one-use only thing unless its a group effect type spell or gnosis. Usually if its a personal magic, it just effects one person.

#9 My PC developed a stencil of a glyph she used REPEATEDLY and then charged them after she drew them in with stencils. I'm not sure if Tarot, who created glyphs, will go into convulsions over that, but it was just a simple 'sterilization' storage of a gnosis ability for people to touch and sterilize their hands working in a health clinic.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Just a few questions

Postby Besyrr on November 18th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Alright cool thanks everyone. :P Time to continue working on my Character sheet
Besyrr
Newbie I guess