Ghost and Spiritism Questions *Nudge Nudge Wink Wink Tarot*

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Aello on January 10th, 2012, 2:26 am

I have a lot of questions I have been meaning to ask, and figured I'd post them here for everyone's future reference. :)

1- At an expert level and above, a spirtist can begin to summon ghosts on the earthly plane to their side. This is done through the completion of a ritual of sorts, which requires the soulmist of the ghost to be summoned. (Willingly given soulmist). Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to self mod acquiring said soulmist for said ritual, or if such a thing has to be moderated/come from a pc ghost?
2- Similar to the previous question in the sense that at a master level a spirtist can summon things from the void and the ukalas, can one self mod a period in which they summon this sort of figure? The ritual is a bit different, but... it could be done. I just don't know if it'd be alright to self-mod someone who had a gnosis/has a gnosis? (I don't really consider people from the ukalas ghosts, which makes me wonder if they still have full functioning marks, or amplified power from the marks they held in life). Unless, perhaps, they are a konti or a svefra or something, as in a race who is basically, always marked at least once?
3- Does a ghost/spirit from the Ukalas or Void look any different than one on this plane? Do they have any different sorts of properties or abilities, other than what is stated in the wiki, or is that it?
4- On a different note, spirtists can access the mind of a ghost, and delve into their memories, just as a ghost can delve into a spiritists. Is each pair able to pick what sorts of things they see, or is it more of a crap shoot until you get to a higher level? Ex: if my pc is a master spirtist, and the ghost possessing me is a novice, I can pick and choose the memories I look at, while blocking the novice ghost out of my mind? (The same also being true if it were the opposite, and the ghost's lvl in possession was higher than my level in spirtism).
5- What are ethereal undead? Nuits, chained ones, desolate ones, wretched ones, what? And is there a wiki page on them?
6- It says that at a master level, a spirtist doesn't need prep to interact with ghosts. Does this mean they can physically touch a ghost without harming themselves? And like feel them as though they were still flesh and blood? (Remember soulmist is cold to the touch, for the living anyway).
7- It also says that the aforementioned skill extends to anyone the spirtist is touching. So this basically means if my pc is a master spirtist, and he touches living pc a, and they are near a ghost, and the other pc wants to interact with said ghost, that my skills basically rub off on pc a because my pc is having physical contact with them?
8- This is more of a true or false statement: A spirtist, when at a master level, can make soulmist using the blood of a human or creature other than themselves?
9- Does a master level spiritist's soulmist ever fade? It says in the wiki that at this level the mist is permanent, but does that mean if I tried to make souldarts, that the mist would always show up against them, and never like... sink in?
10- The wiki states that a master's mist can gift the ghost with some of their skills (if they use their blood), or the skill of another, (if they use their blood to make the mist). How much then, does a ghost have to drink for this to happen? And can I as the spiritist choose what they get should I share with them? What if I use the blood of another pc because I am in no mood to prick my finger? Does this knowledge extend to lores as well? Memories? Or just skills?

Thanks in advance for all the help. Also, I wrote these quickly, so they may be a bit confusing. (But they make sense in my head). Anyway, if anyone needs clarification as to what I am asking, please feel free to ask about it.

<3 Aello
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 10th, 2012, 2:41 am

Ghosts don't have gnosis marks nor do things summoned from the Ukalas. Thus spiritists cant use gnosis marks from the dead bt proxy ever.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aello on January 10th, 2012, 3:00 am

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up Goss. The wording in the wiki had a bit confused. >.<
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)