NPCs?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

NPCs?

Postby Coriander on January 28th, 2012, 1:23 am

I read up on the lore about NPCs and for a while I thought mine would be fine, but the deeper I get into writing my PC's flashback, the less confident I've become ^^;

I'm pretty sure my NPCs would be considered stationary, which don't have to be acquired through the help desk as I understand it(? I could be mistaken). Two live with my character, but I don't plan to use them outside of reference and maaaybe solo threads. They don't have a transferrable income and they don't really give my pc any unseemly advantage. There are three others, but two of them are dead and the last one has left to some far away city and probably won't be heard from again, so I'm not really worried about them. I do plan to use all of them in flashbacks at some point or another, though.

So, my question: do I have to apply for these guys at the help desk or is it fine if I just use them as is? And if not all, then the two living with my PC?
Coriander
Imperfections Aside

Words: 14476
Joined roleplay: January 19th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

NPCs?

Postby Xavior Silhouette on January 30th, 2012, 9:47 pm

http://www.mizahar.com/lore/NPC

I do believe that all NPCs must go through the help desk before being used in play.
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

NPCs?

Postby Coriander on January 30th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Yes I've gotten it settled already ^^
Thank you anyway though~