How would a Pen Pal work?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby T'sasi on May 6th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Hey everyone and thank you for looking,

I have an idea to start a pen pal situation with my character and another. But the only problem is, is that we don't know where to put these posts. We will be in two diffrent cities and there for would need to work something out on how they receive eachother letters. One of my ideas was to start a solo thread in each city and have the letters get post there, but it would be nice if we could have them together... So my question is I guess,

Is there a way to have a pen palship in miz? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks again for looking,
T'sasi
T'sasi
Player

Words: 5158
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on May 6th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Okay this is for everyone's benefit so I'm glad you asked this question. Basically Mizahar does have a mail system. We were going to impliment it a long time ago but it was one of those sidetracked projects that got pushed aside for other things that were more needed.

If its along the Kabrin Road, Knights patrolling take the mail. Caravans carry mail everywhere else, and special messengers that ride regional-appropriate mounts (horses, camels, deer, elk, goats, or svefra ships) carry mail everywhere else like a pony-express system. These mail carriers take mail secret routes and maintain the routes. Say if they are riding through the forest, they have secret forest trails they take, maintain, and keep clear. The trails are planted with special durable soft ground covers that keep other vegetation clear and keep the riders on track even without lights and on the darkest nights.

Someday I'll get this into the wiki.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 6th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Okay.. and as for the technical issue of mailing/sending/recieving letters.

Tsai's Correspondences Thread - posted in whatever city she's in...
people drop letters into that thread... then when you want to send them one back they set up another thread where they live called (Fill in the name)'s Correspondences thread and you reply there. You can even RP a trader or knight or post rider dropping off the letter.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby T'sasi on May 6th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Thanks Goss!
T'sasi
Player

Words: 5158
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Race: Konti