subrace?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

subrace?

Postby Abri on May 10th, 2012, 2:34 am

5/9/2012
Greetings everone

i have Mizahar question but chat too fast for understand so i find this place (i saw it yesteray)

what is subrace? my CS is Human but Benshira and i dont understand why Benshira is subrace from Human race because i think in real life as white persons and black persons like me and other persons are they subrace or human race? i thought they are from nationality they come from?

i want make a apology to everone that dont understand my question

please tell me and i make a try to write my question more good ok?

thank you
Abri
I've written this reminder on my student's behalf: His English needs improvement, but that isn't why he has come here. I've read the Rules, Terms of Use, and other things in the Starting Guide, and explained them to him. I also saw the "Creative Manifesto." Very impressive. I believe that it is here he will learn how to work with other writers and learn to make creative stories. I can see the egalitarian angle here, but please try to be gentle when prodding him back onto the right path. Thank you very much.
Abri
i like adorable and burgers

Words: 1932
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:31 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Journal

subrace?

Postby Sariana on May 10th, 2012, 2:48 am

i think i understand your question and might be able to help.

When they are refered to as a subrace, its not because they are inferior or lower...its a different type of species. A bit like domestic cats are a subrace from the Tiger or the Lion...

does that help or make sense?
Sariana
Player

Words: 98220
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

subrace?

Postby Pash'nar on May 10th, 2012, 2:49 am

Benshira is a subrace like we categorize people from different regions as subraces. Not everyone is Caucasian or Asian or Native American. There are general identifying appearances and cultural aspects of those subraces that mark them as separate from other humans. It doesn't mean they're any less or any more human (just like in our modern world), but it does mark them as a people group (which is a better term than race anyway, in my opinion).

If you consider the Benshira culture, they consider themselves set apart anyway. They are their own separate people group and identify with other Benshira as opposed to humans from the Syliran region or Inarta from Wind Reach. They are distinct with their own appearance and their own rich history and culture. That is why they are a subrace.

For game purposes, you must identify who you are and where you're from on your CS. If you just put human, you could be from anywhere. It makes more sense to put Human, Benshira just like someone else would put Human, Svefra on their CS.
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

subrace?

Postby Abri on May 10th, 2012, 2:56 am

thank you for make a try

i maybe understand but thank you i will meditate on your answer and make a try to understand your meaning

i want my character to be of Benshira subrace (but still a Human) and i do not want to start in desert because my CS history will say he was taken away and raised by stepfather in Syliras (the city).

what do you think?
I've written this reminder on my student's behalf: His English needs improvement, but that isn't why he has come here. I've read the Rules, Terms of Use, and other things in the Starting Guide, and explained them to him. I also saw the "Creative Manifesto." Very impressive. I believe that it is here he will learn how to work with other writers and learn to make creative stories. I can see the egalitarian angle here, but please try to be gentle when prodding him back onto the right path. Thank you very much.
Abri

Character sheet
Journal

subrace?

Postby Abri on May 10th, 2012, 2:59 am

Ok Pashnar i understand better now thank you very good

i believe i know be Benshira and will make change (i know where it is) and thank you for make help for me ok?
Abri

Character sheet
Journal