Questions!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Questions!

Postby Bree on May 27th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Hi, I just started here, and was wondering if a Svefra/human mix who lived all her life on a boat then decided to search for her father who will ultimatly turn out to be dead is good. I have a good feeling about it, but some critiques or whatever on the basic outline would be awesome.
Also:
•Can you suggest some lore? I have one, fire building, but have run out of ideas of useful lore for a girl traveling to find her father.
•Once she finds her father is dead, I was thinking she could live somewhere, and set up a shop selling sea stuff like sea glass, sea food, rope, sails, etc at a town on the Suvan Sea. How do I do this? Just make a topic? Do you think this is bad idea? I'm still brainstorming here so don't be across to hurt my feelings.
•Are there any traveling circuses in Mizahar?
Um, that's about it for now. Sorry if you expected me to keep coming up with slightly crazy questions :D.
Bree
Player

Words: 348
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 2:31 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Questions!

Postby Macabre on May 27th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Bree.

Svefra are human, just a sub-race! I feel your story is fine, you should run with it!

I wouldn't go with fire building as a lore. Maybe something like 'Using flint and steel to start a fire', but even then it's pretty basic. Perhaps you'd like to take a lore pertaining to svefra culture? The history of your race? Maybe even some knowledge of the coastline or stretch of sea you're familiar with.

There is a small business forum in which you can set up your small business. Gillar is awesome at working out the kinks in this--not to volunteer him, but he's your go-to guy when it comes to businesses in Mizahar.

I do not think there are any travelling circuses in Mizahar but I could be mistaken. (Edit: Yup. I guess I was mistaken. Here! Doesn't look incredibly active, maybe you can revive it!) There is a theatre troupe in Alvadas called the Inverted who are favoured by Ionu for their use of illusions in performances but this has yet to be developed.
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Questions!

Postby Gossamer on May 27th, 2012, 5:34 pm

We're encouraging players to start their own businesses in Riverfall which is on the Suvan. Check us out when you get ready. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Questions!

Postby Bree on May 28th, 2012, 1:35 pm

Thank you!!!
Bree
Player

Words: 348
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 2:31 am
Race: Human, Mixed