Syliran Knights/Skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Syliran Knights/Skills

Postby Don on June 13th, 2012, 10:03 am

So I want to make one. Do I have to start my character off and work toward becoming a knight? Or can I distribute my skill points and just become an aspiring knight, or become a knight straight off and start working towards the required skills?

ALSO:
How do I gain skills? Like, levelling up my skills, advancing them further. I understand I can do flashbacks, but how do they work?

Thanks in advance.
Don
Upholder of Justice, Follower of the Windoak

Words: 50238
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2012, 9:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Syliran Knights/Skills

Postby Chevalier on June 14th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Hey there. First off you can do any of those, if you want. You can start off as a Squire (a person training to be a Knight) or you can start off as a full Knight. The information for starting as a full Knight can be found here. Basically it mentions that you should be working on your required Knight skills each season until you meet them. If you do not work on them, you are not awarded your wage.

As the DS of Syliras I certainly don't have any problem with someone starting as a Syliran Knight, but I would say it's almost a requirement to read this entire article. That article will tell you a lot that you'd need to know in properly understanding the Knights and what would be expected of you.

Now, as for gaining skills you can learn all about that here. As you make threads, interact with people, go on adventures and quests, socialize, work at a trade, etc, you will turn your completed thread into a moderator for the area in which you completed it for grading. Upon grading, you can add the experience given for the skills utilized to your character sheet. Definitely read that article though for a more in depth explaination. Hope that helps!
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Syliran Knights/Skills

Postby Don on June 14th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Thanks Chev!

I've made him a Full Knight first, and I'm going to start working towards it now. :) If you have time one day could you check my CS and make sure it's all OK?
Don
Upholder of Justice, Follower of the Windoak

Words: 50238
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2012, 9:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes