Dryka Hunting Animals and Character Creation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Auran on July 5th, 2012, 6:44 pm

So I do have a few questions concerning the Dryak hunting cats and dogs. I also have a question about the character I'm trying to develop! My character is going to be a 17 or 18 year old boy, he's a Dryka and his history is still in the works but the concept being that his family were more of a isolated pavilion, his father was passionate took only one wife. He remembers his mothers face but in the next moment she was gone and never came back. Her body was never recovered and Auran was left in the care of his father. His pavilion was technically part of the Diamond clan and therefor bred superior white-coated hunting animals. His father grew cold after the disappearance of his mother and Auran was shunned from his life. He had only one companion he could trust, being either a hunting dog or cat. He might have bonded with a strider but im not sure exactly how I want to approach this yet, but he fled his pavilion and made his way to Endrykas. So on to the questions about that!

- With the cats, about what size are they? I imagine if they are hunting cats they have to be of a decent size, and what do they look most like?

- With the dogs, pretty much the same question, and what breed of dog do they look most like in the real world?

- After looking at the price list, they would be under 50 GM so could it be considered an heirloom?

- Then again The hunting dogs and cats for the Drykas are bound to be more expensive so I'm not quite sure on that, I couldn't find a merchant in Endrykas to compare prices.

- Is that character background okay? I do understand that the Grasslands are vicious, would a man that young be able to make it to Endrykas on foot? If he wasn't bonded to a strider of course. With the protection of his dog/cat?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Auran
Player

Words: 1393
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Race: Isur

Postby Gossamer on July 5th, 2012, 7:07 pm

I think you probably need to re-read the Dyrkas Lore.

If you are not bonded to a Strider, you are not a Drykas... at all or part of a clan or have a pavilion etc. The cats and dogs are large sized. The cats have spots and the dogs are tan and russet. They are modeled after kangal dogs sometimes called Anatolian shepherds. The cats are mostly like cheetah but don't have much black etc.

Your background is fine, but you need a Strider to be considered Drykas.
Also, the dogs and cats are worth more than 50 GM because of their training. I think they are more like 100+ and wouldn't be in the hands of non-Drykas.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Auran on July 5th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Okay okay I understand, ill rethink some things I guess I got a little confused with the striders, thanks ill let you know if I have any more questions!
Auran
Player

Words: 1393
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Race: Isur