Auristic Inflation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Auristic Inflation

Postby Samantha Slate on September 8th, 2012, 12:15 am

Funny title aside, I wanted to ask a somewhat pointless question. I know that at higher Auristics levels you are able to suppress your aura, but could you invert that process and expand your aura outward? I can see some fun and potentially lethal situations that could land someone in. If you were a master and able to expand your aura, you might be able to impersonate a god or overwhelm someone who was reading your aura.

I'm really only asking this out of curiosity, since it seems like a fun roleplay tool in certain situations.
Samantha Slate
Player

Words: 73573
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2012, 8:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Auristic Inflation

Postby Aello on September 8th, 2012, 2:16 am

Hi there Sammie,

As a master in auristics, you can suppress your aura, change the details in it, or even, cause it to flare. (Which would make it painful for lesser aurists to read). Going by that information alone, it should be plausible for a master level aurist to increase the size of their aura by slight. (I am sure there is a limit to how greatly one could do this, although, I wouldn't know what that would be). Tarot made the magic though, so perhaps you should try nudging him?

Hope that helps!

<3 Aello

P.S. The RB for a Vantha is storytelling or carving.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)