The Mizahar Book Exchange

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Alistair deGrey on May 18th, 2010, 12:52 am

So the other day I was wondering how to acquire books without shelling out cash for them. I could go to the used book store, but I never know what I'll find there, or if its any good. Or I could go to the new book store and buy the brand new stuff, but paying twenty five dollars for a two hundred page book doesn't suit my fancy (yes, I have done that, recently in fact).

So my solution? A book exchange!

This project was essentially born of my greed for almost free literature, but it can benefit you loves just as much as it can benefit me! Here is what you do,

1) In this thread, post a book you would like to get your grubby (or not grubby!) hands on.
1a) Or you could post a list of books you would be willing to trade, and see if anybody is interested in them. Of course, you would probably be expected to be reliable when informing the inquirer about the book's quality, so be prepared to give it your stamp of approval!

2) Keep up to date, Mizahar is a relatively large (and exponentially growing) population of nerdy roleplayers, we're bound to have your book somewhere!

3) When/if somebody says "hey look, I have that book laying around." Or, "hey look, I just went out and bought this book for you." Shift over to Private Messaging to receive the address to send it to. Remember, anybody can view your information if you post it here.

4) Ship off your books!

5) Be delighted with your transaction.

6) Grant me your undying affection.

What you do with them after that is really up to the terms of the other person. Do they want their book back? Is it for keepsies? Be sure to answer these questions when interrogating the other person. ^_~

Okay! I'm sure nobody reading this really needed that, but frankly I felt like this post would be too short otherwise, and that will help my horrible memory when I go to trade books. Anyway, let the book exchanging commence? Or not commence, this might fail miserably...

I'll shortly come up with a good list of books I'll trade off, but here is a short list of the books Morse is seeking.
Literary Desires of Morse :
1) "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley
2) "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin
3) "The Somnambulist" by Jonathan Barnes
4) "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner (Not too fond of Faulkner, but I've heard this one is good)
5) "Clockwork Heart" by Dru Pagliassotti
6) "A Feast for Crows" by George R. R. Martin
7) "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells
8 ) "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury

Of course, I can be swindled into reading just about anything, so if you have any other good books just give me a heads up. ^_~

Best Regards,
Morse
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)