[Shoutouts] Happy Thanksgiving Mizahar!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Gossamer on November 22nd, 2012, 4:06 pm

Hello Mizaharians!

I'm always pretty stoked on Thanksgiving because it reminds us to settle down and think about what we are thankful for. I'm not really into celebrating Columbus or the Mayflower folks or any such nonsense like that. I'd celebrate his head (or theirs) on a pike and any explorer that took their place thereafter before I'd give them any credit. That's the Native American in me.

But since it is a major US holiday and no one on in the states is generally working, I always like to take the time to provide a thread where folks can give thanks to one another or at least publicly thank people who have impacted their lives.

Where to start?

I'd like to thank Mizahar in general because the community is amazing. I'm stunned that its constantly growing, evolving, and showing no signs of death this far into it. I blame that on some hellishly good writers and wonderful staffers.

That leads me to thank the staff as a whole. They are top shelf all the way and you guys have no idea how lucky you are to have them. I can't obviously mention all of you, but you need a kudos as a whole.

We all must give thanks to Tarot as well for without him this amazing beautiful stunningly rich code venue for all our writing and visual pleasure would not be here. Next time you cast a fireball with Reimancy, realize you can because of his sharp mind and clever imagination. Say thanks.. for the word Djed and for golems and Sahova and the Priskil situation that everyone ALWAYS talks about. Odds are something (if not everything) in your field of vision right now is his doings.

I want to also specifically thank the Regional Storytellers. They are picking up so much slack you wouldn't believe it. Hard working, their job really is to mother hen everyone in their domains. Phoenix and Paragon are top rated at what they do and if you have a chance say thanks.

Cyphrus' Dream Team is absolutely the best combo of staff I've worked with in a long time. Mist is precise in his demands for excellence in combat and lore. Jackalope absolutely has embraced the community as a whole and folks follow him around like puppies because hes just so warm and fuzzy and makes everyone feel better just by logging on. The Juniors in Cyphrus are also on their way to being fine ST's themselves. Positive, enthusiastic, and taking everything in stride... they constantly amaze me that they keep asking for more responsibility, and when its given, they just excel. Good job ladies. Your top rated too!

I want to thank the CS Liaisons. You guys have a brutal thankless job, and yet you always seem to excel at it. And even occasionally when you do approve a Zith being from Riverfall, its totally forgiven in my mind because for every whoopsie there's dozens of attaboys and attagirls!

Chat moderators... you too. We can't forget you. Great job not only helping newbies but keeping the trolls in their place - off site. Many thanks for the total reversal of atmosphere in chat in the last few months.

NaNo folks! OMG we're all still soldiering on. This makes you guys completely and utterly made of awesome. Write write write. I'd love to see everyone finish strong and make their goals!

Rivarians. I really believe that Riverfall has an incredible mix of PCs and its a real privilege for me to moderate for them and oversee their city. I've always felt Riverfall is a special place, but with the PCs currently there, they simply reinforce that notion.

And finally, the people I've RP'd with past and present. You guys are simply what makes the game so fun and keeps everyone here returning.

Thank You!

Now, what are you thankful for?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Elem Bree on November 22nd, 2012, 6:25 pm

I have many things to be thankful for at this time OOC, but let's stick to Mizahar.

I am very thankful to Jen for her insane amount of detail and work she has put into Riverfall and the Sanctuary. Kavala is a one Konti army of Reimantic construction, putting Bob the Builder to shame. She built an island.

Island.

Okay, also thankful of the folks at Sanctuary and the regular opportunities to roleplay and grow Elem into someone he could never have dreamed of being in his little cottage in Zeltiva. (Still love Zeltiva.)

I second the thanks to all of the RS's, DS's, AS's and now the JrSt's. It takes a constant stream of work behind the scenes to create this world that we all fictionally live in, so definitely be thankful of these folks who volunteer their time, effort and sometimes sanity to creating a seamless, living world for us all to live in.

And on an IC note, thanks to Andra and Yelem Bree for not being insane, abusive or neglectful , as so many Mizaharians seem to suffer these kinds of parents. Maybe in winter, post NaNo and development madness, I will finally flashback them and flesh them out, even add them properly to my storyteller secrets.

Anyway, thanks everyone for making this the most fun I have had in a long time without relying on graphics cards.

(Edit) Almost forgot Character Liasions! I could not be paid mizas or xp or perk points to do what you do for free!!
Elem Bree
Always learning. Always changing.

Words: 229116
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2011, 6:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)