Kelvics: Mates and Masters

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Terra Aster on December 12th, 2012, 4:50 pm

I'm brand new to Mizahar, and have a few questions about Kelvics, the species I have chosen for my character.

1) How do Kelvics find mates/romantic companions?
2) How do they respond towards their mates?
3) How does a Kelvic find a master?
5) Can a Kelvic deny having a master?
6) Can Kelvics have human mates?
7) Can a master become the mate to a Kelvic?

Thank you!
Terra Aster
Player

Words: 1428
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 4:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 12th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Hi there. I think I can help.

1. Just like normal people do. Often their bondmates are their mates/romantic interests, but not always. Think of kelvics as people in terms of this situation. They do things the same way other people do.

2. Same as any normal person would. Well normal being relative. Some people treat their partners in life very well, some are abusive, and a lot fall in between in the realm of normal. Kelvics do the same thing. I think Kelvics are less prone to attachments outside of their bondmates though, so mating for them might be when they are seasonally reproductive and feel the urge to do so.

3. Kelvics do not have masters. They have bondmates. There is a vast difference. A bondmate is a partner that links to a kelvic in a very similar way as someone falling in love. The kelvic has a tendency to want to please the bondmate and take on some of their traits. But the bondmate does the same thing.

4. You don't have a #4.

5. Kelvics are hardwired to want a bondmate. They spend their whole existence looking for a perfect one. And as they get older they are very unhappy and restless without a bondmate.

6. Yes kelvics really need to reproduce only with sentient creatures. They can't reproduce with animal equivalents.

7. Often, this is how things are. But not necessarily. There is a lot of love between a kelvic and its bondmate. Often that translates to a physical relationship as well.

Also, your name.. TerraAster needs a space between the two words. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Terra Aster on December 12th, 2012, 5:11 pm

Thank you so much! That helps a lot. =D
Terra Aster
Player

Words: 1428
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 4:31 am
Race: Kelvic