[Braindstorming] The Player's Guide To Wind Reach

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Malia on May 29th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Looking forward to the guide which is a very good idea! Some questions come to my mind:

• What happens when someone switches between castes (i.e. any special rituals, conflicts) and how can this be achieved? We know that people can ascend/descend into another caste, but some details would be interesting.
  • What is the Inarta's opinion on magic and practitioners? I could imagine them helping a lot in their society, because it's all about surviving and prejudices are usually sparse in harsh conditions.
If I discover more questions, I'll add them.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Eris on May 29th, 2010, 7:20 pm

I absolutely love how this concept of the Inarta is developing. So much so, that I will probably be tempted to create an Inarta character of my own.

How exactly does the process of marriage work within the society? Does the man have to court the woman for a certain period of time? Does the family have a say in who their son/daughter will marry?

If a Dek bonds with an eagle and elevates in rank, will he automatically gain the respect that an Eagle Rider deserves or will there still be remnants of disgust and resentment in how others perceive him?
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on June 13th, 2010, 3:22 am

Now that the Inarta writeup is up along with Wind Reach's writeup... any more questions?

I had some great ones today by players... where do the youth stay... and who is in charge of them?

I'm about to put this together... so anything else would be helpful.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on June 13th, 2010, 2:16 pm

How are outsiders treated in general? The WR writeup says that they are considered lower (lowest?) caste, but I can't imagine the Inarta chasing them around and forcing them to work for them like they do with the Dek. So what social status does an outsider have? What is he/she able to do and what is strictly forbidden? Are there any things Inarta would never tell outsiders?

And I'd be interested in any information about exile. What does an Inarta (or resident outsider) have to do to get exiled from the city forever? How often does that happen (if ever)? How do Inarta outside the city react to these exiled individuals? I'd be happy to know about possible tragic stories going in this direction.

End of my two cents on the guide. I'm looking forward to reading the finished writeup! :)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)