Questions: Regarding Ghosts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Fubuki Kouri on March 31st, 2013, 2:42 pm

Greetings, fellow players, staffs, and admins.

As a player who is about to create my first character, I would like to ask a question, I will truly be grateful if a kind soul or two would spend some of his/her time to answer my question.

I found the 'ghost' race to be very compelling, in my humble opinion, they are unique and exotic, now I have searched through the Ghost Lore to the best of my abilities, but I can't seem to find the answer I seek to this question of mine.

Quoting from the 'Ghost" lore page:
It usually feel the overwhelming urge to conclude unfinished business, get revenge on someone, or fulfill a duty or task they considered very important. When they have no more reason to stay, they will most often accept to reincarnate and continue their cosmic cycle.

So, to be a ghost, my character must be single-mindedly driven to a goal or not? And, if yes, if that goal is fulfilled, will I have to end my ghost character's (un)life and make a new character?

Please answer my question, as I will not be able to create a character profile until then. Furthermore, I'm sorry if this kind of question has already been answered, if yes, please give me the link to the relevant thread, Thank you.
Last edited by Fubuki Kouri on April 14th, 2013, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Vincent C on April 1st, 2013, 2:37 am

The best answer I could rustle up is in the Afterlife entry in the Lore. Here is linky for your convenience.

http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Afterlife

I draw your attention to the section labelled Unlife.

A mortal can decide not to move on. Often, there will be heavy feelings associated with such a decision. By default, the individual becomes a ghost.

To answer your question, your being a ghost forever remains a choice. My interpretation is that if you became a ghost for a specific reason and in the course of your adventure you bring closure to that reason, then yes it's likely you would choose to then reincarnate. But it's still a choice.

If you're looking for workarounds, have the goal in question far off from being achievable right now. Maybe the ghost is looking over someone for the duration of their life. Maybe if it's revenge, they are biding their time. Better still, (and these are the type of ghosts I deal with), your ghost may not even know his goal yet. There are a lot of lost, wandering ghosts out there who just haven't figured out why they are sticking around. Maybe they've suppressed it subconsciously.

In any case, hope this helps.
Vincent C
Player

Words: 7264
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2012, 5:17 am
Race: Human

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 1st, 2013, 5:36 am

Aaaaah, many thanks for your comprehensive answer, Vincent. I'm truly grateful.

I see, very well then, I will make 'the' Goal of my ghost character to be something that's very hard (or impossible :P) to achieve so as to make him/her lasts as long as possible.

Now, I can start to construct my character sheet. Once again, thank you very much.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Vincent C on April 1st, 2013, 2:34 pm

You're welcome. Perhaps you will come across Vincent should you ever visit Black Rock.
Vincent C
Player

Words: 7264
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2012, 5:17 am
Race: Human