Otani and Reimancy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Otani and Reimancy

Postby Uleru on April 6th, 2013, 5:12 pm

I have a few questions on a few subjects for all you Miza veterans out there. Please forgive the spelling. So here we go, numbered for your convenience:

1) How long do the Otani live? At first I assumed the default 'human' lifespan. Then, since they are realated (very loosely) to the Konti, and factoring in their own monsterous nature, I figured I'd probably be quite a bit longer.

2) Res thats been transmuted using Reimancy is considered magical no matter what sort of element is created, but is transmuted water still drinkable and air still breathable? In theory, can you offer it to another creature or plant withought them dying in some horrific way? I get that using your lifeforce to water the tulips is not very smart, but if you wanted to could you?

3) Is there a map of rivers and waterways on Miza? If so, I'd love it if you could link it to me. :retard:

4) What do I do about Living Expences and Jobs for an Otani? Who do I ask?

5) When turning res into air, is it equal mass/equal exchange? Would throwing a handful of res and transmuting it corectly result in a gale-force wind or be about as powerful as a bunny fart?

If you can take a crack at these I'd appreciate it.
Uleru
Laviku's most faithful Otani

Words: 236852
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Otani and Reimancy

Postby Gossamer on April 6th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Hi there.

Since I wrote the Otani, I can probably answer this. Otani don't have a lifespan. They aren't actually related to Konti at all. They have the appearance of scales and they don't even really resemble sentient life completely. They are liquid form sentience that can shapeshift into a lot of different shapes while still looking liquid.

Yes air and water is created and drinkable/breathable. They are 'created' molecules... no different than the way O2 and H20 are created in nature. :)

There's a map of the world. But there are no 'waterways'. You can look at individual Regional maps, if they are created, to see where lakes, rivers, and streams are. You can type 'map' or 'maps' into the search bar in the wiki and get a list of maps.

At lower levels, yes it is equal in terms of transferring res to air. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Otani and Reimancy

Postby Uleru on April 6th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Thank you for the quick reply! You just made my life that much easier. :)
Uleru

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Otani and Reimancy

Postby Jackalope on April 6th, 2013, 5:29 pm

I warn you. A bunny fart is quite dangerous. I ask you not to downplay it so. :D
Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Otani and Reimancy

Postby Tarot on April 6th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Just a few small points... Reimantic water is salt- and mineral-free, so it's pretty much distilled water. Drinkable, yes, but probably not very palatable - and, quite surprisingly, an electric insulator rather than a conductor (at least upon creation). Reimantic air has the default nitrogen/oxygen/rare gas ratio.

As for the explosive release of air Res, it's pretty much the main reason for creating air instead of drawing it from the environment (the other use of Res). Keep in mind it's not all about quantity: pressure plays a crucial role too. A gas is highly compressable and even a modest amount of air can cause damage on a limited scale if the pressure is high enough. Sort of like people getting serious hand injuries from firecrackers. What you would do is create air in a very small volume and let the physics run its course. This is the crudest version, of course, in which the release is equally strong in all directions. To obtain a directed gale-like effect you would need to shape your res-ball accordingly - i.e. not a perfect sphere nor one with uniform pressure to begin with. A continuous effect would be even more complex.

There's a lot of technical info like this that's in my head and waiting to make it to the Reimancy article. The good news is, you don't need this level of detail in most cases. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Otani and Reimancy

Postby Uleru on April 6th, 2013, 6:26 pm

How dare I underestimate the power of bunny flatulance. I could get a whole herd together and voila! Ankle based carpet bombing. :p

And Tarot, thanks for the reply. Although I almost wept by the end of that first paragraph. I thought I left phiysics and biology far behind when I graduated highschool. :smoke: But you've got a point, I hadnt thought of it that way. Res control is almost absolut when its close (or at least thats what the lore says), so I should get some good arodynamics going and then go beat some ass with the magnificent powers of science.
Uleru

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)