Hello, My Name is Captain Awesome!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello, My Name is Captain Awesome!

Postby Velnerin Lyaste on August 15th, 2009, 4:03 pm

Hello! I'm none other than the great and fabled Velnerin! I have... wait. You haven't heard of me? I can tell by the confused look on your faces. Oh, what should I expect? I did just create this name. Silly me.

1. Well, you guys an' gals can call me one of three things I guess. Velnerin, my character I created for Mizahar; Matthew, which is my real name, or Captain Awesome.

2. I used to frequent a forum named Avariel.net, which was a PbP forum as well as this one, but I didn't have the internet for a while, and when I got it back the forum was gone. So, I went searching for another forum like Avariel, and I found this one. Which I think is better already because it all takes place in the same world, whereas in Avariel each thread was the thread-starters own world.

3. Well, fizzlesticks! I already answered that one.

4. Hmmm. All of 'em, really. Playing the always thinking and worrying wizard striving to learn more about his ancient techniques, playing a charismatic rogue who comes up with grand schemes, to the short tempered beserker who always gets into a large bar fight when entering a new town. I guess you could say that I go through moods.

5. I don't like writing about futuristic settings very much, but that's not to say that I haven't done it. I really enjoy writing about fantasy. A time when magic doesn't only exist, but rules supreme. Fey, giants, gods and mortals. I mean, what more could you want? Besides a dragon...

6. My favorite thing has defiantly got to be the history. This place already has a history, so it's going to be fun becoming part of it.

7. Some of the links don't work, at least for me. And the wiki article doesn't work for me. Other than that, nothing.

8. To become a part of this world, to make close friends and to forget the troubles in the real world. And I also need to become a better writer. I haven't written in a while, and I fear I've lost what skill I had gained in the past.

9. Nothing really. You peeps have done a real good job at detailing Mizahar.

10. I would like to talk about Repo Man: The Genetic Opera.
"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!" ~If you can guess where I got this quote, I'll give you 10 imaginary points.
Velnerin Lyaste
Captain Awesome

Words: 653
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 1:00 pm
Race: Symenestra

Re: Hello, My Name is Captain Awesome! But you call me...

Postby Gossamer on August 15th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Matthew!

I couldn't help it. You're comment made me giggle, so when I moved your greeting to its very own thread and out of the sticky I had to steal that for the title name. :) When its in its own thread, everyone gets to pop in and respond and all that silliness.

Anyone who uses the term fizzlesticks has to be pretty cool.

I'm glad you have RP Moods. I do too. You can feel free to create a character or two or five to suit them depending. We're actually going to have dragon type creatures, only the plans for them are going to be Wyrms of various sizes, intelligences, and temperaments. As you can see, we're still in the development stage on a lot of things, so we have backburnered some of the more unusual stuff until the mainstream stuff gets done. Mizahar is definitely going to be a game we enjoy developing for years... so if there's something you'd like to see implemented, don't hesitate to start a dialog about it! That's what the World Development forum is all about.

I'm a bit concerned some of the links don't work. We had some problems in the past few days with links, but I believe Tarot has almost all of them fixed. There's a bug list thread - could you please post in detail what isn't working? We need to get them fixed ASAP so no one else has issues! If you need a link to it, I can gladly post one here.

I'm glad your looking for a place to RP, hone your skills, and don't mind making some close friends. We're a pretty tight group here - writers get like that sometimes - and its nice to see someone with a sense of humor and openly friendly want to jump in with us.

Don't hesitate to log onto chat too.. lots of people can answer questions there, and its always a good place to get to know folks better.

Repo Man? Honestly? *laughs* Bring it on.

Jen
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: Hello, My Name is Captain Awesome!

Postby Velnerin Lyaste on August 15th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Dhani
From Mizahar Lore
Jump to: navigation, search

There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, search the related logs, or edit this page.
Retrieved from "http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Dhani"

That is what showed up when I tried to click on the Dhani link on the race list. Also, I came across a link to the wiki page for Mizahar, and it also said "there is currently no text in this page". But other than those, it all works to the best of my knowledge(which isn't much).

As for Repo Man, I'm still blown away by their singing. The guy who played the repo man changed his voice perfectly with both of his personalities. But, I most enjoyed the grave robber's story.
"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!" ~If you can guess where I got this quote, I'll give you 10 imaginary points.
Velnerin Lyaste
Captain Awesome

Postby Tarot on August 15th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! Enjoy your stay.

Dhani are forthcoming. :) I'm sure they will be here soon in all their hissing goodness.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 15th, 2009, 9:51 pm

In the wiki, if there is no text in a page, its because no one's written the page yet. There's a lot of places the lore is 'unfinished' but we got impatient to open and start playing because we decided that it would take years to finish everything perfectly - and those are years we could be writing and telling stories along they way as well.

Be patient, and request stubs to be completed by the developers. In this case, the Dhani are Cayenne's project, so you can bug her about them and see if she won't get their racial lore up in the wiki asap. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Liminal on August 15th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Welcome, Captain Awesome, sir.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Velnerin Lyaste on August 16th, 2009, 1:07 am

Oh, that explains it. I didn't know the text wasn't there. There's no rush.

Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait until I stop procrastinating and finish the background for my Symenestra. It will be neat playing a character with a lot of weaknesses.
Velnerin Lyaste
Captain Awesome

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 16th, 2009, 1:31 am

welcome to the game and yay another Symenestra ~happy dance~
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Duskshroud on August 16th, 2009, 3:01 am

Welcome and good tidings!
I hope you enjoy it here.
Duskshroud
Player

Words: 4404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2009, 12:31 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Velnerin Lyaste on August 16th, 2009, 3:37 am

I know I will. It's nice seeing a bunch of friendly writers.

... a lot better than those violent ones. They make for sad pandas.

~Joins happy dance~
Velnerin Lyaste
Captain Awesome

Next