Starting Threads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Starting Threads

Postby Jack Benefort on June 13th, 2013, 10:18 pm

So something I am having a difficult time understanding is when it is okay to start a thread. Do I need to have Storyteller approval prior to starting a thread? Or do I start the thread, let it run its course, and then just ask for grading? And how does this apply to different kinds of threads(i.e. flashbacks, solo threads, open/closed threads, etc.)?

Any answers would be super appreciated!
Jack Benefort
Forged by Fire

Words: 50701
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Starting Threads

Postby Orion Michaels on June 13th, 2013, 10:24 pm

You start the thread on your own and turn it into the ST office or grading thread, depending on city. This applies regardless of thread, unless told otherwise. :)
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Starting Threads

Postby Jack Benefort on June 13th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Thank you very much! That was what I thought but I was too confused about it to be sure.
Jack Benefort
Forged by Fire

Words: 50701
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)