To self-mod or no to self-mod [ NPC's]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Inayl on June 21st, 2013, 8:09 pm

I have a question regarding the bann on self-modding NPC's ...
When are you considered to be self-modding an NPC?!

ex. If my PC were to be a thief, and I would solo-thread about him breaking into someone's house and searching through their stuff... am I illegally self-modding then (because the house must logically belong to someone)?

The question is vague, I know, but I'm really having trouble comprehending the concept :(
Inayl
Player

Words: 21154
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2013, 11:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mirage on June 21st, 2013, 8:54 pm

The best answer to this question is this: PM your DS! Most likely for threads like you mentioned a DS will ask for a bit more details about your idea, and usually will OK you to solo it out. When in doubt always ask your local ST if it is OK to self mod an NPC, unless the NPC clearly states in its write up that it can, or cannot, be self modded :). Good luck!

Question your Reality,
Mirage
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Inayl on June 21st, 2013, 9:08 pm

Thanks you :)
Inayl
Player

Words: 21154
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2013, 11:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets