Greetings Mizaharians

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings Mizaharians

Postby Kyodaija on July 2nd, 2013, 2:19 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Well my avatars name is Kyodaija, Daija is his mothers name whilst Kyo is his own, so Kyo is fine.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Entirely tabletop roleplay. Been playing with a group of friends that intruduced me to the concept when I was 15 or so, something like 8 years ago. Been playing every Friday night since then, different stuff like Palladium fantasy, Rifts, D&D in all its forms, plus a large helping of other settings and modules using the same rules as those.

This is my first forum roleplay so I'm having fun coming up with things to do with the friendly players in the evil city of Ravok XD.

3. How did you find us?
My future father in law Inoadar more or less got me interested in the game, he talked about it rather ceaselessly so I decided to give it a go. He has 3 characters Inoadar, Brodon Windriver, and Kuvarakh.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Well I love good old Tabletop the best, specifically I find that Pathfinder D&D is the best system to play, due to it's balanced play rules (which I exploit at a whim), and large amount of customization/ optimization.

To answer that in a different way, I like to roleplay with extremes taken to strongly characterize my given character. Emphasis given on accent and attitude. Such as my Half-Orc Barbarian Drogo of the blood claw clan, as well as intricate details of outlandish combat maneuvers. Something Palladium Excels at over D&D.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I like to write about combat, I've got it stuck somewhere deep in my head the awesome combat scenes written by R.A. Salvatore, with Drizzt and his Whirling scimitars slicing people to bits.

I don't like to write about romance. Not a particularly romantic man, I can be a good helpful hubby and everything. Possibly even plan a romantic evening time to time. But I would feel awkward trying to write out something like a love scene or something since to me love is sorta there for me. Though I have felt the pain of loss from losing a loved one and could express that pretty easily, the normal stuff just ain't my thing.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
I love the massively well built fantasy setting that allows for basically anything one might find in a Medieval society. I kinda thumbed through some other forums before in the past and it was all to kinda make shit up as you go. Which must have been a nightmare for Mods who had nothing to run with but whatever came off the top of there heads, or out the players ass for that matter.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
That the poor guy who runs Ravok is SOL having his assitant bail when he has so much awesome material going in that city, but little time to get around to the massive walls of posts needing grading and threads needing moderating. I have heard several stories of the mods having quite a bit of build up because of IRL issues, and it disheartens me that these poor mods are getting blown out of the water from lack of staff. Also the selfish side of things where grades take a long time do to this XD.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
To make some friends to have an enjoyable time threading with. Possibly increase and improve my writing repertoire. And to have some badass fights with my father in law and other like minded individuals whom enjoy a good old fashion brawl.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
I would love to see some of the racial information touched upon a bit more for some of the races in Mizahar. I feel like some races have big amazing pages filled with comprehensive data, whilst others kinda lack enough data to really firmly set a standard for just what that race is supposed to be. I know this is a very loose ended imaginative concept forum, but I am an old fashioned role player and I think in stats. Maybe it's a convoluted way of thinking but I can't properly imagine my character without assigning stats to him and the people that he fights etc... And I am a firm believer that with strength comes weakness, so perhaps more rules on having an avatar starting with exceptional strength for his race, but then being exceptionally slow witted and not very nimble etc...

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
If your in Ravok and you'd like to slap me around so I can skill up let me know XD, I'm all game for getting in a fight to the "near" death.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Greetings Mizaharians

Postby Shausha on July 2nd, 2013, 10:50 pm

DATE
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome Daija!

"I feel like some races have big amazing pages filled with comprehensive data, whilst others kinda lack enough data to really firmly set a standard for just what that race is supposed to be."

I really agree. The skill pages and gnosis lists and other wiki pages are filled out completely in some places, but completely blank in others. I suppose I'd prefer every subject having the same amount of coverage, rather than spotted strangely specific content or eyebrow-raisingly empty pages.

"I know this is a very loose ended imaginative concept forum, but I am an old fashioned role player and I think in stats."

However.... It is, like you said, a " loose ended imaginative concept " kind of place! If you're fond of stats, I suppose you'd focus on the skill points, but still, gnosis marks and progression through skill/magic levels is very vague.

Anyway, Ravok hum? Is your character going to be "evil"? (Whatever that implies? Would Daija be interested in gaining skill points with The Black Sun or ~?

Anyway, welcome again!

Shausha
Is it the sun down yet?

Words: 99565
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 7:28 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Greetings Mizaharians

Postby Kyodaija on July 2nd, 2013, 10:55 pm

I'm planning to inevitably make my way into the Ebonstryfe. And yes he is cruel evil and more than ok with murder and dirty tactics to win.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets