"Sorry I'm late"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

"Sorry I'm late"

Postby Kepi on July 15th, 2013, 12:02 am

Hi there, you can call me Regina. Funnily enough, my usual e-name is Kepi, however, I was searching for the perfect name for my Konti character, and I thought, okay so a simple name, and then I thought, since Konti's are so related to the sea, I would give her a water related name, and Kepi means tempest. I do a lot of tumblr roleplay, with the once upon a time fandom. I have 4 indies, and am in two groups, soon to be three. I also have done a few Harry Potter roleplays. I found Mizahar by just looking for a fantasy based roleplay that I don't have to lie about my age. Because I don't like lying, and most roleplays you have to be 16 or 18 and just no.
My roleplaying style, and the style I like varies. Sometimes I love ask based, where it's just asking questions and having a character answer them, and then other times I love a long 10 paragraph response, or sometimes I prefer just having a quick in character back and forth conversation.
I love angst, it is my genre. It's my thing. So, while I will try to avoid it, at some point or another I probably will utilize it. And I really don't like romance roleplays. I just feel as if, I can't accurately roleplay something, unless I have actually felt it, or something similar to it, and I haven't with romance yet.
So far my favorite thing about Mizahar is the fact that it is a completely made up concept, nothing at all is from anything else. And I absolutely love that.
I want to improve my writing, I believe that I am still not the best that I can be, and I want to get better.
I do need a spot of help with something. I am having trouble creating my character sheet, and it's like, I know everything, but I don't know how to put it on there properly. I also still need to work out the last of the skills points. However other than that, absolutely nothing. I can't wait to roleplay with each and every one of you!
Kepi
Player

Words: 3232
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti

"Sorry I'm late"

Postby Lullaby on July 15th, 2013, 1:44 pm

It's never too late to drop into Mizahar! Welcome Kepi / Regina. C:

As you've probably noticed the RP here can be quite different from Tumblr style, and not to mention short quick-fire conversations aren't usual since it's encouraged to have an inspiring story around your conversation. Even a boring meet-and-greet thread can be interesting, and fun to write when there is something more added to it!
This is definitely a great place to start if you want to improve your writing, since as threads are graded, storytellers will often note anything they see that could be improved in ways of not only the typical grammar, and spelling, but also "flow" of writing and such.
Regarding your character sheet, there is a wonderful template here that you can use, and it gives you where everything needs to go! It is done by location, so just click on the location you think you'll be starting with!

If you have any other questions, please don't be afraid to catch me in Chat or PM me! I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction!

Happy writing!
~Lulls

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

"Sorry I'm late"

Postby Nakiru on July 15th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Regina! You'll love it here. I am new myself, and am already hooked. The community is vibrant, and it's obvious after only a short time that the story tellers and moderators are really here to help you tell the tale you want to tell with your character.

Have fun, see ya in Mizahar!
Nakiru
Player

Words: 8229
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2013, 6:59 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets