Thinking about starting a blog

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Hello again everyone

I come to you all again with a question showing my obvious rural ignorance.
How does one go about creating a blog? Any information you can give me on the subject would be appreciated. I don't think I could be as brave as harrier and put myself on camera so I was thinking written blog about myself, My Character and my writing process. To as always help prepare for the upcoming writer's month.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice this wonderful community I'm sure will provide me on this recent endeavor. I try to live by a simple Chinese proverb when it comes to questions. He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes, He who does not ask remains a fool forever.

"Jervis's Speech" -- "Jervis's Thoughts"
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on September 7th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Do you mean an actual real blog in the blog forum or a scrapbook? Cause well.. no really it doesn't matter.

First you sacrifice a few virgin toadstools, paint yourself blue and dance naked under the first full moon, then hold a silver spoon over an open flame, collect lampblack, and mix it with water so you have some ink. Put pen to paper after dipping in said ink, then begin writing...

No seriously.. everyone can have a blog or a scrapbook. Both are open season. Follow the ToU of the site, but otherwise you can put anything in them you want.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jervis Hill on September 8th, 2013, 2:45 am

Oh good I was already painted blue but that's my own private smurf fetish |:)
I was hoping our forums archangel of advice would swoop in to my aid though was loathe to bother you with a PM as I know how busy you are.
Thank you for your advice I will take it to heart, I thought that basically the process from what I had been reading through skimming various blogs

I'm a role player and only started truly trying to hone this craft one month ago. I have an eidetic memory which is a great aid but without formal practice I will never amount to much as a writer I assume. So I assume the blog would be a great way to practice writing as well as explore my thoughts on subjects.

I know I pester with simple questions, I just figure the more you know going into a task the better you are going to be able to complete it.

Thanks again to you Goss and Edreina, I know my apologies can get tedious but it's the Canadian in me naturally showing through I guess.

Good Gaming All

"Jervis's Speech" -- "Jervis's Thoughts"
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets