Language Mechanics

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Language Mechanics

Postby Ayara Orin - Migrated on December 16th, 2013, 6:01 pm

So is there a mechanic in place for advancing in language fluency? Learning new languages? I've seen hints at it "You could always practice" etc but no crunch.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NOW THIS ACCOUNT
Ayara Orin - Migrated
OLD ACCOUNT

Words: 12665
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2013, 7:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Language Mechanics

Postby Gossamer on December 16th, 2013, 6:21 pm

There is not. However, if you want your langauges advanced, talk to a Storyteller and have a list of threads where you are practicing, studying, and immersed to present to said storyteller as evidence and they can and will advance your language if they think it is deserved.

I know for advancing my languages.. I don't really give players more languages or advanced skills on them until they have put IRL time into the cultures they are learning to speak from... say a Konti moving to Riverfall and learning Tukant. After an irl year or so I will give them fluency if they ask and have threads where they are learning and backing up their immersion by study.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Language Mechanics

Postby Ayara Orin - Migrated on December 16th, 2013, 6:24 pm

Challenge accepted.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NOW THIS ACCOUNT
Ayara Orin - Migrated
OLD ACCOUNT

Words: 12665
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2013, 7:03 pm