Newbie character problem.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Jokor on September 27th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Well I am quite new to this forum(site,world,... whatever you guys want to call it.) and RPing in general and ran into a few problems with character building.

I want to make an street urchin. Never had family(So no family heirloom. Doesn't get why so many people make a fuss about it to.) nor had any friends(its every kid for himself on the streets the weak and stupid die while the strong and/or cunning ones stay alive.)
My character is one off the cunning types. Stabbing others in the back,stealing and kicking the weak around.

Problem one is where would he be? I really don't know about what city would be appropriate and I didn't find any overvieuw of it to. (Can be just my stupidity so no foul if you point me towards it and call me stupid.)

problem two is the name. (As you probably guessed at my profile name its still temporaly.) I don't guess somebody most people threat as trash or scum would use a name for him while people in the same boat as him wouldn't even bother using a name or trying to get to know one another when he is also a consumer of the same thing you need.(I thougth about a kind foreigner that passed through town giving him one maybe a priest or something.[ I also thought it would be funny to let a Konti give him a Konti (thus female) name and letting him get very protective about it when others laugh about it. But I guess that no Konti would give a random human a Konti name.]
Also I am horrible with names and couldn't even think of one that would be aproriate for a fantasy setting.

third problem would be the general skill newbie problem.
I know I want him to be someone that uses stealth and cunning but what would be other good skills to have? Most of the skill list is still a stub so that wasn't very helpfull.

Any help provided would be apreciated.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby John Vicari on September 27th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Okay, first here.

http://www.mizahar.com/lore/City_list

City list, it will help and I would think Sunbeth would be your best bet off the top of my head.

As for the name you can still have a name but never use it or know it per say in IC form.

Skills, you get 50 skill points (65 if human) but the skill list gives a over view on the idea of the skills. As for what is useful well that depends on you and your outlook. Any skill is useful in my view.

Random skills off top of my head for the idea you seem to hold:
Stealth
Begging
Brawling
Larceny
Running

Just to name a few that may help you.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Jokor on September 27th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Thanks for the help John. Do you know any good fantasy name generators?
Also the skills you suggested especialy Stealth,running and Larceny seem to fit with what I want.

also how do you put your character profile in the
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby John Vicari on September 27th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Look at your User Control Panel up top.

Also if you are a human you can just pick up any baby book of names but google is your friend.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Eanos on September 27th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jokor on September 27th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Thanks guy's. Any ideas in which part of the Sunberth I idealy should post. Still kinda lost on that subject.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook