Learning the Flux

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Learning the Flux

Postby Daegron on October 6th, 2014, 6:38 am

Hey Djed manipulators !

How possible is it for someone to "learn" the Flux discipline by himself ?
Would it be plausible for someone who has witnessed it's use to try and discover it, beginning from the assumption that this display of unnatural force is a product of some kind of Djed manipulation ?

Also, how possible would it be for a Morphing practitioner to make this happen ? According to the lore, Flux and Morphing are polar opposites. If a Morphing mage is able to manipulate and direct Djed around his body in order to initiate and fuel transformations, doesn't it give him the kind of anatomical awareness to try and redirect force and energy ?

It would take a lot of time and a lot of pain, but as the Lore suggests, it would be VERY potent.

I hope it made sense. Thanks in advance :D

The Art will twist you and turn you.
It will break you and tear you asunder; from your scattered remains it will shape you.
It will engulf you and spit you out.
It will fester in your mind, disfigure your body and blacken your soul.
And so on and so forth, through an endless chain of transformations till the time comes and you are everything...
Then you'll truly be nothing...

Daegron
Fleshcraft made Art

Words: 200831
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Learning the Flux

Postby Sydney Turnstone on October 9th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Hey!

So, as far as I'm aware there isn't any initiation for Flux. I'm guessing just as long as you make it believable, maybe have your PC observe someone using it, and try it over a couple of threads? Or whatever you think. Maybe ask your local story teller?

And as for morphing not mixing well with Flux -- I think that's because morphing causes the user to become gradually unfamiliar with their bodies. They ultimately change bodies so many times they eventually forget what they're supposed to look like, or at least, the one who aren't so careful do :P
Flux, on the other hand, requires a intimate knowledge of your body. It would be difficult to master both, but if your willing to risk death, or worse, then I say go for it! Just remember to thread it out!
Sydney Turnstone
Player

Words: 8060
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2014, 4:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets