Weapon Skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Weapon Skills

Postby Valree Baenett on October 22nd, 2014, 5:02 am

I'm so new and I've recently finished reading guides (Hopefully I didn't skip any of them) While reading Weapon Skills in Skill List something rang false to me. When I train Longsword I will get something like Weapon: Longsword +5. Weird thing about this is if I get my Longsword skill to Master level and try to use short sword I have to start from novice and probably will cut myself while trying to swing it, if I don't understand it wrong. In my opinion someone who gets experience on using some weapon also should get experience on using related weapons. Like if you are training Longsword and after your training you get +5 xp, you should get something like +2 to all kind blades for example.

Sorry if I understood something wrong.
Valree Baenett
Player

Words: 531
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2014, 6:20 pm
Race: Human

Weapon Skills

Postby Twister on October 23rd, 2014, 3:00 pm

Well, anyone can flail a sword around. A longsword and a shortsword may not seem to be that different from one another, but when you get above Novice the differences will really start to show. Just because you can wield a longsword masterfully doesn't mean you can wield a shortsword since the two weapons, when it comes to actual technique, are very different. Length (and range) as well as combinations with other tools and weapons and how to best use the weight of that particular blade versus other weapons... Etc etc.

I'd suggest playing around with that in threads if you decide to practice different kinds of weapons. Have your character compare and learn the differences in-thread. ;) And, to watch videos if there are any to be found.
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Weapon Skills

Postby sabakanwal on December 12th, 2014, 11:46 am

nice and good post

Our excellent online 74-409 - testking training programs will lead you to success in the A00-211 - braindumps - questions We also offer latest hsbc and www.principiacollege.edu with 100% success University of New Haven good luck.
sabakanwal
Player

Words: 40
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2014, 11:40 am
Race: Human