Hey hey

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey hey

Postby Grov on March 8th, 2015, 9:52 pm

Hey guys,

So, my name's Alex, and I stumbled across Mizahar a little earlier and thought I'd give it a go! :-D

I've been playing RPG's in one form or another for about 20 years, mostly tabletop, but I used to play some forum based games (mostly wrestling efeds) around 10-15 years ago. I recently got the roleplay itch and I thought I'd look into something like this, as I find I don't really have time to commit to tabletop games these days.

I'm definitely a beginner here at Mizahar and there's a lot of stuff I still need to read up on, and I might need a little help building a character. I really like the idea of Jamoura; I'd definitely like to try playing one of those.

So yeah! I'm sure I'll post again soon once I've read some more lore and whatnot.

Cheers,

- Alex
Grov
Player

Words: 854
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2015, 9:42 pm
Race: Jamoura

Hey hey

Postby Gossamer on March 8th, 2015, 9:53 pm

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Hey hey

Postby Vizayas on March 8th, 2015, 9:55 pm

A Bard, a Jamoura, and an Akvatari stumble into a bar...
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hey hey

Postby Grov on March 9th, 2015, 10:56 am

Haha, now where is this bar?

I was looking at regions, I noticed The Spires is listed as closed. What other starting regions and cities are appropriate for a starting Jamoura?
Grov
Player

Hey hey

Postby Vizayas on March 9th, 2015, 4:58 pm

From the wiki: "Jamoura who venture outside of Spires often travel far and wide in search of knowledge that they could not otherwise get while confined to their homeland. These Jamoura often spend many seasons away from Spires on their quest to collect knowledge. They return with stories of the outside world and add to the collective memory of their race. Some Jamoura even become a more integral part of other societies; teaching, aiding and learning."

That means a Jamoura could play pretty much anywhere so long as they find the location interesting or decide to settle down and help out. Alvadas is where I'm at now, and it can be a lot of fun. there are also a number of interesting cities that can be reached by boat from there if the city proves to be too ridiculous.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm always more than willing to help. I know a lot about races, magic, and the wilds, so I can help with those subjects fairly well.

The bar is in Alvadas.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hey hey

Postby Grov on March 9th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Awesome, thanks mate. I hadn't seen that part of the wiki about Jamoura travelling pretty much anywhere; I'll have a look at Alvadas for sure :-D
Grov
Player